• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

‘Fine line to lunacy’.

Tim Marks

Senior Member & Supporter
The second volume of Tom Bankes’ trilogy on carp fishing has just been published.

’Fine line to lunacy’ is the follow up to ‘Sticklebacks to throwing sticks’.

It is a fascinating insight into the mindset of one of the best carp anglers of his generation.

It covers more of his experiences at Savay (he owns the place) and his campaign at Conningbrook.
Highly recommended to those that fish/have fished for carp.

I should declare an interest as I know Tom and have fished (a lot !) on some of his waters.

Great title too !

Thanks Tim - I've never fished for carp specifically but really admire accomplished anglers who write well. Will have a look!

Hi men,

I upset him by sending him a polite request via txt to join Savay after writing a introduction letter , that's old fashioned eh 🤔. I heard that the dayticket carpark was being shut , but I had a solution that I thought could suit both of us , obviously not 😜. Some you win 🙄

Hatter

The second volume of Tom Bankes’ trilogy on carp fishing has just been published.

’Fine line to lunacy’ is the follow up to ‘Sticklebacks to throwing sticks’.

It is a fascinating insight into the mindset of one of the best carp anglers of his generation.

It covers more of his experiences at Savay (he owns the place) and his campaign at Conningbrook.
Highly recommended to those that fish/have fished for carp.

I should declare an interest as I know Tom and have fished (a lot !) on some of his waters.

Great title too !
Damn, he’s pinched the title of my autobiography,
I’ll get my coat….
tight lines,
G.T.

Back