• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

“Black Bin Liners Full Of Barbelâ€

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Potter

Whilst fishing today on the Wye I bumped into group of anglers two of which I have known for a few years ,yesterday they were fishing a WUF water and did not do very well at all in fact they blanked !
They left the fishery late afternoon after talking to a fishing guide that is connected to the WUF who told them that “Black Bin Liners Full Of Barbel” have been removed from the fishery from the opposite bank by Eastern europeans!
If this is true then this is extremely worrying!
But what is niggling me is how could this be done ?
Is it possible?
They are hard enough to catch anyway let alone “Black Bin Liners Full Of Barbel” Or Hopefully is this just excuse for blanking !
I have deliberately have not named the beat or the fishing guide as I was not present when this conversation took place
Dave

Im sorry but in all fairness I would say I'm one of the most passionate barbel anglers out there and if I ever see Anything like this as described il be bang on to them il do time in prison for this kind of act barbel fishing is my life and even though the barbel are not 21.1 that they are taking maybe one day the fish they killed could be. And with an aim of breaking a u.k record i won't put up with it. End of chat.....
Sorry if I offended anyone just my passion and dream!!!!

Im sorry but in all fairness I would say I'm one of the most passionate barbel anglers out there and if I ever see Anything like this as described il be bang on to them il do time in prison for this kind of act barbel fishing is my life and even though the barbel are not 21.1 that they are taking maybe one day the fish they killed could be. And with an aim of breaking a u.k record i won't put up with it. End of chat.....

If it's a Wye fish then no chance of a 21.1.:)..but the Wye is/was very prolific and that would have beeen feasible... I think I would have to do 'time' with you if I came across such a thing.

Hi David,
which WUF water are we talking about? How have the EEs got access to the opposite bank?
I can think of a water that may fit the description that has a fruit farm on the opposite bank where these sort of shananigans would be feasible, but if it was the water I'm thinking of a quick word to the owner would see the EEs on their bikes home.
What action has been taken so far?
regards,
Tim

jeysus you talk some garbage lad :D

most of waht you say to be honest

let me ask you this , what do you actually do to protect the potential new record that you are going to catch ?

Whilst fishing today on the Wye I bumped into group of anglers two of which I have known for a few years ,yesterday they were fishing a WUF water and did not do very well at all in fact they blanked !
They left the fishery late afternoon after talking to a fishing guide that is connected to the WUF who told them that “Black Bin Liners Full Of Barbel†have been removed from the fishery from the opposite bank by Eastern europeans!
If this is true then this is extremely worrying!
But what is niggling me is how could this be done ?
Is it possible?
They are hard enough to catch anyway let alone “Black Bin Liners Full Of Barbel†Or Hopefully is this just excuse for blanking !
I have deliberately have not named the beat or the fishing guide as I was not present when this conversation took place
Dave
In what way was this guide connected to the Wye and Usk Foundation?
Has the incident been reported to the WUF?
The Campaign for the protection of Welsh fisheries also have an on line reporting system that connects directly with the EA system for reporting poaching incidents, here

most of waht you say to be honest

let me ask you this , what do you actually do to protect the potential new record that you are going to catch ?

good to see you speak your mind!!! I never saiid it will be the next record it might take me 30 years but I have a dream and an aim. I don't do nothing other than fish as much as I can which obviously gives me more chance than people who are at home and the fact of fishing in all weather conditions putting the time money and effort In and in finding the venues the swim etc.

I don't do nothing other than fish as much as I can

and there we have it folks , another keyboard warrior

fact of the matter is , you say 'you would be right in there' when in reality , you woud turn a blind eye like most , then maybe come on here and moan about it

if you are so passionate , as you claim to be , do your bit , or there will be nothing left for you to 'live the dream'

I would be right in there but I'm not thick enough to get caught so there's no problem there!!! So no point in trying to judge me when you don't know me Iv been on the bank before and it didn't happen whilst I was there put it that way

Hi David,
which WUF water are we talking about? How have the EEs got access to the opposite bank?
I can think of a water that may fit the description that has a fruit farm on the opposite bank where these sort of shananigans would be feasible, but if it was the water I'm thinking of a quick word to the owner would see the EEs on their bikes home.
What action has been taken so far?
regards,
Tim

Tim,
What i was told is that this has been happening on the Caradoc water from the opposite bank getting access from the suspension bridge knowing the water this is possible !

I don’t know any other information as I said I got this story second hand and was not present when this was said by the fishery guide !

I would presume that the WUF must know something about this if its more or less public knowledge but I may give them a ring tomorrow and ask if there is any substance in the story

Dave

Last edited:
In what way was this guide connected to the Wye and Usk Foundation?
Has the incident been reported to the WUF?
The Campaign for the protection of Welsh fisheries also have an on line reporting system that connects directly with the EA system for reporting poaching incidents, here

Pete Ill PM you
Dave

Could be just some ramblings of a few racist neanderthals who in these difficult times are looking for anyone they can possibly blame? But as my mother used to say they are more to be pitied than scolded!

Last edited:
I cringe at nearly all of Waynes posts and seriously question his reason for fishing , I mean if he did fluke the record barbel would be on all the forums telling everyone ? because thats just as dangerous as the poachers as all the idiot brigade would move on mass to the location , I have made several people move off one of the stretches I fish and so far all have been English the EE's are a problem but until the EA start dealing with them then it wll go on

I must say I find it strange that Easterns would catch Barbel for the table, as far as I am aware they are difficult to prepare, as part of the reproductive system in the male (and possibly the female) is supposed to be poisonous, I believe some famous person (not sure who) died from eating Barbel.

Bit hard on Wayne I thought, we are all trying to catch a Barbel bigger than the current record!
I for one do quite a bit to further both Barbel as a species and our rivers in general and I would be more than a bit miffed if this were to happen on one of my waters.

I have to admit I too have been known to get “truculent and surly†when people mis-treat fish.

Wayne is obviously very “passionate†about his obsession, but he did not express his views as eloquently as some on here can, he may not be as “wordy†but that does not invalidate his opinion.

Tight lines.

Wayne is enthusiastic, that's pretty obvious, in fact I don't know anyone on here that is so committed, but come on chaps I think you are being a bit severe in your criticism of his comments. He has a passion to catch the record barbel, and I for one hope he does. I would rather the record goes to someone like him (apart from me:) than a bloke that get's lucky.
Wayne keep on keeping on, you will always get a few knockers but that should not deter you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back