• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

£1.39 spomb

This is a classic 'too good to be true' deal boys, although it is cheap it will also be very cheaply made and almost guaranteed to break after just a few chucks.

It's a FAKE and anyone buying one would be breaking the law and undermining the copyright of Spomb:(

On a lot of the ebay/on line sites that these things are for sale on, you will find it offers them for £1.99 or £0.99, but if you click on the drop down box as instructed, to choose the size/colour....the price will suddenly change to £10.99 or £12.99 each, or whatever. On others, the drop down box doesn't work properly, and after several attempts it suddenly states that 'The item will be sent via China', or similar. £1.99 or £0.99....with free post from China? :eek: Send your money if you like :D

There may even be some genuine ones, if you are lucky enough to find them hidden among the ones that will enter spyware or worse onto your pc :D

Cheers, Dave.

This is a classic 'too good to be true' deal boys, although it is cheap it will also be very cheaply made and almost guaranteed to break after just a few chucks.

It's a FAKE and anyone buying one would be breaking the law and undermining the copyright of Spomb:(

Sorry Keith, can,t agree with this one little bit. Just cos it cheap and from China, does not always mean it is cr@p.

Example, i've been buying hundreds of L.E.D. car bulbs, " very cheap, and from China " some as cheap as 15p each, the same bulb in this country would cost up to £3.50 each, depending where you bought it. Ive made a small killing selling them to other taxi drivers on the ranks. To date, i haven't had one complaint. :)

''Using the product can attract large concentration of fishes''. That's what sold it to me :)

Not expecting much though, as I have to agree that China + Cheap = Carp, no offence DG just avoiding the profanity filter :)

Gawd Neil, you mustn't get one of they there spomb thingies...they were invented for carp fishing :eek: :eek: :eek: You will probably have smoke and flames bursting out of every orifice the second you touch one, like a vampire caught in a beam of sunlight :D :D :D

Cheers, Dave.

On a slightly different subject...I once watched a guy (with wife and 2 kids) using a bait boat on the Teme. I saw him walking back to his car later, bait-boat in hand, and drenched head to foot:):):)

On a slightly different subject...I once watched a guy (with wife and 2 kids) using a bait boat on the Teme. I saw him walking back to his car later, bait-boat in hand, and drenched head to foot:):):)

It's bizarre isn't it Terry. Apart from anything else, both spombs and bait boats dump the bait on the surface, unlike feeders, bait droppers, PVA mesh bags nicked on to the hook etc. Fine on a lake...but on a river, especially one with a half decent flow? The mind boggles :rolleyes:

He could of course have been very naughty and using it to dump his baited rig tight under an overhanging tree/raft etc.

Cheers, Dave.

Nah Dave, I think he was just a flash wazzock who was showing off to his wife & kids. Made me smile anyway:)

its here

the spomb arrived to day no difference from the original does not have spomb stamped on it .
it will do for a northern mon like me :D

Gawd Neil, you mustn't get one of they there spomb thingies...they were invented for carp fishing :eek: :eek: :eek: You will probably have smoke and flames bursting out of every orifice the second you touch one, like a vampire caught in a beam of sunlight :D :D :D

Cheers, Dave.

Well they arrived Dave, and they look OK, so will stuff 'em in the garage never to be seen again, unless I take up Carp fishing when my mind completely goes :p

I regularly use a spomb on the tidal Trent when the water stands still a great asset. I have 2 and they didnt cost a penny, 2 carp anglers on my local res cracked off and I found them.

I regularly use a spomb on the tidal Trent when the water stands still a great asset. I have 2 and they didnt cost a penny, 2 carp anglers on my local res cracked off and I found them.

Oh Dear, hope you told them to keep that sort of behaviour for the privacy of their own home :)

Stephen

I knew that was coming lol fnar

Indeed Jon,forgive me:D Sometimes i just can't help myself and tend to forget the generally high level of maturity shown on the forum:D I was actually looking for advice on which landing net handle to buy, but somehow managed to get side-tracked:D

Top Spombing:)

Stephen

Indeed Jon,forgive me:D Sometimes i just can't help myself and tend to forget the generally high level of maturity shown on the forum:D I was actually looking for advice on which landing net handle to buy, but somehow managed to get side-tracked:D

Top Spombing:)

Stephen

What is this other forum you are talking about then Stephen?

Cheers, Dave :D

What is this other forum you are talking about then Stephen?

Cheers, Dave :D

Very good Dave. When i read some posts, especially my own, i do wonder:) Also, funnily enough, i actually thought you would have beat me to it, as you sound about as bored as i am this winter.:D

Good Luck
Stephen

Well, there is bored....and then there is bored. For instance, if those two guys had asked if I could lend them a hand...then no, I am not that bored :D:eek::eek:

Cheers, Dave.

Back