• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum Neoteric XS Twin Top Power.

Reviews

Super Moderator
Staff member
Korum Neoteric XS Twin Top Power

I've said before, Korum is a brand I have a lot of time for. The whole range are well thought out items of tackle, that are designed to be used and abused.

Today I'm reviewing one of their famous Neoteric rods, or to be more precise, I'm reviewing the Korum Neoteric XS Twin Top Power rod. As the name suggests, this rod is a butt section and two 'avon' rod tops, which are 1.75 and a 2.2lb tc. Rated for reel lines between 4 and 12lbs, the word that comes to mind for this this twelve foot twin top rod is 'versatile'.

Without stating the obvious, the 1.75tc top is ideal for normal river conditions, but also doubles up as a very good Tench and Bream rod, with the heavier 2.2tc section coming into its own when the river is in flood, or for Carp, close range Pike fishing and I've also found it to be an excellent Zander rod.​

reviews-albums-review-photos-picture3441-9e1ec403.jpg

Retailing at around £80 this rod falls nicely in the mid price range bracket.

It has a quality screw down reel seat, full cork handle, good quality rings and a hook keeper.

I found the rod to have a nice progressive action, and even with the lighter 1.75 top section, I could comfortably launch heavy feeders to the far bank of the lower Severn. Having hooked, played and landed Barbel, Bream, Pike and Zander on this rod so far, using both top section's, I can confidently say I haven't felt under gunned at all.

The graphics are understated, which is something I like on a rod, and the blank has as matt finish to it, which again, personally, I also prefer.

This is a very versatile rod, and for the all rounder, who not only targets Barbel, but a multitude of other species, it's one well worth looking at.

Within the new Neoteric range of rods, Korum also produce Neoteric XS 12ft Multi Quiver, Neoteric XS 12ft Multi Quiver Power, Neoteric XS 12ft Twin Top, Neoteric XS 11ft Power Float and a Neoteric XS 13ft Power Float.

For your nearest stockist or to check out the other rods, tackle and luggage in the Korum range, please visit The Home of Easy Angling - Korum, Fishing Made Easy

BFW review rating.
Value 9/10
Performance 9/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Back