• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted Nash ultralite chair

Lee, that is a lot of money for a very ordinary, ( low back ) mediocre fishing chair, i think there are much much better chairs out there, for a lot less money. Do your research. 👍 Unless you've set your heart on one of these.

Just after a light chair with a carry strap had the old nomad version and it was light as a feather the new version looks a bit more padded

Dont use a rucksack fish really light
Rod bag chair bait bucket that’s it found I was carrying alsorts I never used

I think that's the chair he was talking about, had mine about 5 years and love it, the inbuilt carry strap is brilliant,2 hands left to carry everything else 👍
That’s it mark the strap how comfortable is it I have the hgun at the minute but it’s got no padding and stretched out now so becoming uncomfortable for long days

I have one but keeping hold of it
I didn’t realise how expensive they are now?
But I’m a big lump and have gone through a lot of chairs but the ultralite is still going strong after 3 possible 4 seasons ( I’ve had it a good while)
If you travel light the ultra lite also has Velcro straps that keep the seat closed when travelling and you can get a fair amount of gear in the seat that is quite secure.
Carry strap is great and chair is comfy
Might be worth the investment??
I have a Fox Duralite too and that’s good but IMHO not as versatile or comfy as the Nash but very light

That’s it mark the strap how comfortable is it I have the hgun at the minute but it’s got no padding and stretched out now so becoming uncomfortable for long days
Has a resonably padded section that i have never had an issue with 👍

I have sagged down into my fox quite heavily
and often thought I was overdoing it but after 5 years it marches on. It's doing better than I am. I'd I had a niggle it's that nuts fall off but mine do too.

Thought about that Derek when spring washers failed to solve the problem. Used locknuts in the end. Had to change the treaded bolt to suit ofcourse but works OK.

I've just retired my Nash ultra light after 13 years of use! Replaced with a trakker levelite transformer.

Has clips to hold the chair together in transit, solid attachments for an over the shoulder carry strap, is a little over 4kg in weight, front adjustable mudfeet and is COMFY! Almost too comfy. Rear legs are fold only, no adjustment but as I rarely extend the rear legs and choose to have the folded under the chair I don't see this will be a problem.

A penny under £100 and on first impressions it's far far superior to the Nash equivalent.

Thanks

Lewis

The problem nowadays is there is this “trend” among chairs where the manufacturers charge us a premium to make them even lighter.
Wall thicknesses were reduced. Adjustment on legs got shorter and the latest trend is to use very high strength ALMg grades of aluminum, call it “nasa space metal” shave more material off the product due to the added strength of the high mag content alu and tell us it’s the best chair out there at 2.8kg.

They will fail….!
When ….. depends on your size and how you treat it but trust me coming from over 20 years in the fabrication, welding and engineering industry i can tell you these aluminum grades in these thicknesses need serious skill and precision to weld them to a strong standard and I am not convinced they get that.

I would sooner buy an older aluminum chair made from a more weldable grade in a more substantial wall thickness knowing it’s going to deal with the shear abuse I put it through.

These new deck chairs are not designed for the river bank imo. They are jetty chairs. Get something older that’s made to last with decent leg adjustment

I tried several before the ultra lite. My quest was for just that, lightness. At under 5k it was far easier to carry. For it to last this long surprises and delights me. Even this is too big and heavy for roving but does the job as a bank chair. You must be right though Richard about the metal. My concern has been for the stitching of the fabric.

I tried several before the ultra lite. My quest was for just that, lightness. At under 5k it was far easier to carry. For it to last this long surprises and delights me. Even this is too big and heavy for roving but does the job as a bank chair. You must be right though Richard about the metal. My concern has been for the stitching of the fabric.
Chub low light chair. Light and strong and comfortable, only downside is the amount of adjustment in the back legs, fine on sloping ground but a bit too low on flat ground. I'm nearly 90kg, and have had no issues with frame or cover

Regards Wayne

The problem nowadays is there is this “trend” among chairs where the manufacturers charge us a premium to make them even lighter.
Wall thicknesses were reduced. Adjustment on legs got shorter and the latest trend is to use very high strength ALMg grades of aluminum, call it “nasa space metal” shave more material off the product due to the added strength of the high mag content alu and tell us it’s the best chair out there at 2.8kg.

They will fail….!
When ….. depends on your size and how you treat it but trust me coming from over 20 years in the fabrication, welding and engineering industry i can tell you these aluminum grades in these thicknesses need serious skill and precision to weld them to a strong standard and I am not convinced they get that.

I would sooner buy an older aluminum chair made from a more weldable grade in a more substantial wall thickness knowing it’s going to deal with the shear abuse I put it through.

These new deck chairs are not designed for the river bank imo. They are jetty chairs. Get something older that’s made to last with decent leg adjustment
Am I right on thanking brazing thin ally is a science of sorts, the type that racing bikes have to perfect?

Back