• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New pb barbel

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
Before jumping to conclusions….. it was caught March 7th.

I wasn’t able to share the photograph until yesterday when it was published in our clubs magazine (historic rule)

Anyway it’s a pb barbel for me.
I don’t normally post about my captures in any detail and I’m certainly not one for taking pictures of everything I catch but in special cases I’ll go to the effort and this one certainly fit the criteria.

I went through a good 5 or 6 blanks before she picked up my double 20mm home made boilies

We have a no publicity rule on our syndicate water but I know the lads in this particular case would make a little exception for me given it was the biggest barbel I’ve ever caught.

Weight 16,09

e1dbc123-232e-4fd4-8b15-02ea77015e35.jpeg

4b20ae9e-d10a-404b-bb51-0815b0762112.jpeg

Oh shoot 🤦‍♂️
I totally missed that
Hopefully my good pal @Paul Whiteing will spot what a pillock I am and put it right.
When you told me (privately) about it in March you were excited, for good reason. But I think it funny that you now posted in the wrong forum :D

I might leave it for a while? ........ oh, ok, perhaps not. I'll move it for you :p

Superb catch Richard.

When you told me (privately) about it in March you were excited, for good reason. But I think it funny that you posted in the wrong forum :D

I might leave it for a while? ........ oh, ok, perhaps not. I'll move it for you :p
Well I wasn’t lying when I said “Pillock” 🤣🤣🤣

Back