• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Carp leads

Lee White

Does anyone know if there is anyone making inline leads the same as the old avid Saftey leads the ones were the grove goes straight through the lead and can drop off on a snag and taken off to pack away not paying £4 per lead from pb products

This is the style I’m looking for
IMG_5831.png

I used to use the avid ones aswell Lee but struggled to source them.
Just buy the fox ones now ,with a groove down the face for fishing drop off style.I grip them gently in a vice and hacksaw the groove deeper till it breaks through to the centre hole. The existing groove helps as a guide .
Don’t go mad or the blade will clog up , brushing a bit of water on occasionally helps.
Did half a dozen this afternoon , for my tench fishing ,only took about 10 minutes. Hope this helps .

Last edited:
Thanks Bob might do that pb products do them but for £4 they can keep them I have a little angle grinder and a clamp vice so might give it a try or should I say will give it a try

Back