• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Daiwa Castizm BR 25a SOLD

Alan Palmer

Senior Member & Supporter
Two as new immaculate reels with spare spools. I bought 4 if these over the last two years, these 2 have just stayed on a couple of heavy floodwater rods and not been used….and doubt I will since getting my Thunnus
£320 the pair posted
IMG_9955.jpeg
IMG_9956.jpeg
IMG_9957.jpeg
IMG_9958.jpeg
IMG_9960.jpeg
IMG_9961.jpeg
IMG_9962.jpeg

Last edited:
Bargain!

I've had 3 of these reels on my 2.5lb carp rods for about 9 years and I've been seriously impressed. Magnificent line lay, superb clutch (as good as a 3500b!) and they are VERY well built. One even survived 12 hr spell on a very silty lake bed (long story..) without it effecting it at all. The mag sealing really does what it says on the tin.

I've never used mine for barbel fishing, but if anything ever happened to my 3500b's these gladly use these.

you prefer the thunnus ?
Yep….I have 2 castizms on carp rods and like them for that but for my river fishing much prefer the Thunnus 4000 for the Ouse and 6000 for bigger rivers, absolutely love the Thunnus they’ve coped with everything this last season

Back