• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bob James 4.5 x1 centrepin (plus others to come in listing)

Jon Kennard

I've had a time of reflecting on some of the centrepin reels I've recently acquired and have decided with the amount of time I go I cannot justify keeping hold of this and a few other potential decent barbel pins. I'm therefore selling this for what i paid for it. A lovely reel manufactured in 2015. Bought off the original owner who had used it 3 times which I believe to be true it's mint condition.
Classic reel but can't justify it for possibly using it x2 x3 times a season. I'm going away today for ax week back on weds 17th April so can try to post then. I'm in North Devon so I'm guessing postage for everyone! £250 recorded insured Royal mail delivery super well packaged you'll have trouble finding it 😳 😀. All original paperwork box and case are included 20240406_175154.jpg20240406_175100.jpg Thanks Jon
Just of note I've got a speedia wide I'm selling nice condition sounds very well, a 4.5 T f gear classic that'll I'll list when I have time if of interest to anyone reading this.

Attachments

• 20240406_175300.jpg
    20240406_175300.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 74
  • 20240406_175305.jpg
    20240406_175305.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20240406_175213.jpg
    20240406_175213.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Please excuse my ignorance but would this be suitable for ledgering?
Yes absolutely.
I’ve got one and it could very well be used for ledgering. The ratchet isn’t strong but it’s strong enough for lighter flows and low summer rivers with couple oz on maximum.

They are cracking trotting pins too so you’d be well covered with anything you fancied a crack at.

I'm obviously seeking it and have no experience of ledgering at all with a pin. I fully recognise what Rich writes above but is suggest that the rachet is quiet light compared to other pins I've owned. An extreme version of that would be the speedia delux I used to own that can even be increased if needed. However it clearly does do the job well in lighter flows.

Last edited:
I'm obviously seeking it and have no experience of ledgering at all with a pin. I fully recognise what Rich writes above but is suggest that the rachet is quiet light compared to other pins I've owned. An extreme version of that would be the speedia delux I used to own that can even be increased if needed.
I know 2 people that use bj reels in pairs for ledgering.
They might not be flood reels or suitable for heavy flow but they are perfectly fine as I said for nsl fishing on calmer flowing waters. The check is strong enough for this.

Also it is a 30 second job to strengthen the check on a bj if you want it stronger than original.

Back