• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Can anyone help me out. Daiwa rod bag.

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
I have a modern daiwa float rod 13ft 3 equal length pieces. So pretty standard stuff.

It’ needs a rod bag but I don’t want a new one or even the original one

Now while it wasn’t the original, the bag I’m looking for is the light blue thick cloth bag with Daiwa written all over it in white letters.
Like this one.
IMG_4432.jpeg

By a mile best rod bags daiwa ever used.

Doesn’t matter what the item code is on the bag. If it’s this style and for 13ft 3 piece rod and obviously available for sale please let me know.

Thanks

Found one.

Blue and white as above, decent used condition. Sections are 53.5 “ long. Actually for a feeder rod.

Will that do? Otherwise I know where there is a ‘real’ one from a 13ft float rod, but I have given the rod away so will have to do some grovelling to get the bag back ! But perfectly possible as I’m teaching the guy to fish - so he can’t really argue……(but he is away this week).

PM me your thoughts and your address and we can go from there.

Found one.

Blue and white as above, decent used condition. Sections are 53.5 “ long. Actually for a feeder rod.

Will that do? Otherwise I know where there is a ‘real’ one from a 13ft float rod, but I have given the rod away so will have to do some grovelling to get the bag back ! But perfectly possible as I’m teaching the guy to fish - so he can’t really argue……(but he is away this week).

PM me your thoughts and your address and we can go from there.
Tim thanks but I would never ask you to ask for it back
Let him keep it for his rod.
The 53 incher I’m guessing was from a 12ft feeder rod? Probably going to be too short but I’ll measure up to confirm and let you know.
Cheers mate

Tim thanks but I would never ask you to ask for it back
Let him keep it for his rod.
The 53 incher I’m guessing was from a 12ft feeder rod? Probably going to be too short but I’ll measure up to confirm and let you know.
Cheers mate
Do let me know if 53” will do; otherwise I have no issues getting the other one back. I have about 25 old rod bags kicking around - so can easily swap it……

PS a 13ft 3 piece Daiwa AW light float rod is the same length as the feeder rod bag….

Last edited:
Do let me know if 53” will do; otherwise I have no issues getting the other one back. I have about 25 old rod bags kicking around - so can easily swap it……

PS a 13ft 3 piece Daiwa AW light float rod is the same length as the feeder rod bag….
53 inches is going to work
Is this a 3 piece rod bag?
The widest pocket will need to take a section of 2 inches minimum because of the high guide stand off. If it’s going to do that then we are in business

Back