• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Thames water petition

It's not often I find myself agreeing with Jacob Rees-Mogg...

Screenshot_20240330_184618_X.jpg

It's not often I find myself agreeing with Jacob Rees-Mogg...

View attachment 29214

JRM is playing games here, as is doesn’t explain how New Labour, Tory/Lib Dem coalition and then successive Tory governments, just sat back and let them get away with it and without proper regulation. The combined private water company debt went from zero to £60+ billion. It’s the biggest political scandal of my lifetime!

JRM is playing games here, as is doesn’t explain how New Labour, Tory/Lib Dem coalition and then successive Tory governments, just sat back and let them get away with it and without proper regulation. The combined private water company debt went from zero to £60+ billion. It’s the biggest political scandal of my lifetime!
Maybe, but he is the only politician I have heard actually say this.
G.T.

Maybe, but he is the only politician I have heard actually say this.
G.T.

The Lib Dems constantly bang on about it, so they'll get my vote.....

I just don't understand why Keir Starmer, has never asked a single environmental based question during his time as the opposition leader? Not once has he raised the subject of sewage or the privatised water companies, during PMQ's and surely there are no easier sticks to beat the current government with!

I can only surmise two reasons for this, Labour doesn't care and/or, as New Labour were warned the water companies were saddling themselves with too much debt under the Blair/Brown era, it could come back to haunt him?

How the *&%$ can you even start to level £0 to £60 billion debt, £53 billion paid out in share dividends, with the rivers and coasts swimming in sewage! Anyone who is a Thames water customer, is currently paying 28% of their bill, towards servicing debt interest and they want to put the bills up further!

Apologies if I make the same points over and over again, each time this topic is raised on here, but I'm seriously angry!

The last thing that JRM wants to see, is these companies taken back into permanent public ownership, as its against everything he believes in, which is another reason, why its easy for him to tweet what he did. My own personal politics are not towards the left, but these companies need to be taken back into public ownership!

The Lib Dems constantly bang on about it, so they'll get my vote.....

I just don't understand why Keir Starmer, has never asked a single environmental based question during his time as the opposition leader? Not once has he raised the subject of sewage or the privatised water companies, during PMQ's and surely there are no easier sticks to beat the current government with!

I can only surmise two reasons for this, Labour doesn't care and/or, as New Labour were warned the water companies were saddling themselves with too much debt under the Blair/Brown era, it could come back to haunt him?

How the *&%$ can you even start to level £0 to £60 billion debt, £53 billion paid out in share dividends, with the rivers and coasts swimming in sewage! Anyone who is a Thames water customer, is currently paying 28% of their bill, towards servicing debt interest and they want to put the bills up further!

Apologies if I make the same points over and over again, each time this topic is raised on here, but I'm seriously angry!

The last thing that JRM wants to see, is these companies taken back into permanent public ownership, as its against everything he believes in, which is another reason, why its easy for him to tweet what he did. My own personal politics are not towards the left, but these companies need to be taken back into public ownership!
JRM is a seriously weird individual in some respects but he has at least said ‘the unsayable’ here so I am not going to decry him for that.
G.T.

Back