• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Herb Boilies

Hello i am thinking of using Handcraft Hookbaits the Herb boilies this year for Carp and Barbel. I was wondering if anyone on here has used them for Barbel?
The samples i had seemed an ideal Barbel bait.

When I fished a bit round the Colne valley in the early 2000s lots of carp anglers were using "herbs" and they caught plenty. I wouldnt recommend it on any police controlled stretches as you may end up on a stretch yourself 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🐝🐝
Poor blokes first post too😏 Welcome Jeremy anyway...I can't really help except that I have heard they do work certainly on the Thames with an angler on here.
Barbel have a catholic taste and for me I haven't found anything better than luncheon meat and pellet.

Barbel eat anything, they are literally river Dyson when on the feed.

They’ll eat your boilie, I have no doubts about that. But how quickly will it get seeked out and found. That’s the question and the test of a great bait being used in the ideal conditions for it.

Herb before I started making my own was the only bait I used across carp and barbel, have used it on for barbel with good results. It is a very good of the shelf bait all handcraft baits are.

In my opinion you will not go far wrong at all.

Herb before I started making my own was the only bait I used across carp and barbel, have used it on for barbel with good results. It is a very good of the shelf bait all handcraft baits are.

In my opinion you will not go far wrong at all.
Thanks that is what i was hoping to hear as i need to use shelf life baits now and Carp anglers seem to rave about it as a good bait.

When I fished a bit round the Colne valley in the early 2000s lots of carp anglers were using "herbs" and they caught plenty. I wouldnt recommend it on any police controlled stretches as you may end up on a stretch yourself 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🐝🐝
The long stay carp anglers around Ringwood still enjoy a herbal smoke :cool:

Handcraft baits generally are really top quality and the service is good.

I’ve used samples of their 3 mixes and caught fish on all of them. I also use their wafers as change baits and ‘formers’ for paste baits.

If I didn’t have access to another good bait at a very low price; I would use Handcraft and probably the Herb.

Great bait.
Confidence year round.

Caught on first trips using it on the Wharfe, Swale, Derwent and Ouse.

The small dumbell wafters are great hookbaits or to wrap paste on.

Just took delivery of another 10kg of the 12mm in shelf life, tad firmer than the freezer bait so bit better for using on hook straight out the bag.

Back