• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Dace

Tom Casey

Senior Member & Supporter
Have had a few sessions recently after this species on the R. Ribble . Its got to be if not the best then in the top2 rivers in the country for Dace .On my trips fish under 2 ounces are the exception , normal size 4-6 oz which make up approx 2/3rds of the catch , the remainder is made up of fish up to 1lb+ . Yesterday I had some superb fish to 12oz , predominately Dace with 2 decent roach thrown in . The weather was spot on , the breeze ,when it came was upstream and improved presentation . I left when I couldn't see the float . All in a good day .

Have had a few sessions recently after this species on the R. Ribble . Its got to be if not the best then in the top2 rivers in the country for Dace .On my trips fish under 2 ounces are the exception , normal size 4-6 oz which make up approx 2/3rds of the catch , the remainder is made up of fish up to 1lb+ . Yesterday I had some superb fish to 12oz , predominately Dace with 2 decent roach thrown in . The weather was spot on , the breeze ,when it came was upstream and improved presentation . I left when I couldn't see the float . All in a good day

Love the Dace Tom.
Had a few beauties myself lately. This stamp of fish.
20240220_085637.jpg

Love trotting for Dace myself…and the GtOuse has a few stretches that offer supers sport, unfortunately the conditions have been pretty dire of late 🤞for next couple of weeks

Back