• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum All Rounder 12ft 1.5tc. Review.

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
Well if you don't want to spend a fortune BUT want a fantastic rod for the money, try this rod.

I've not been a great fan of Korum rods, generally found them a bit floppy, and this one is certainly not a poker.
However under certain circumstances this rod is a winner.
And it's £49.95:currently.

I found it increasingly difficult to find what was a simple feeder rod that wasn't with quiver tips but straight through. Like an Avon rod but always found most of those on the market have too stiff tips.
Even the good selling ones like the
7 series Rods.

Given the title of the rod, The All Rounder, it was meant be be used for float fishing as well!
Yes, impossible, but I wondered if it might be worth a shot for my feeder fishing.

Well, I have been delighted.

Sensitive enough to account for Chub on the Wessex waters to near 6lb.
Lower Severn Perch over 3lb, roach near 2lb and good grayling on the Test. Great rod tip indications on bites.

It does the job with no fear of bumping fish on size 16 hooks and can handle good fish like big tench. Very good full action.

Ideal for method fishing on the smaller lakes.

Very attractive blank as well as a bonus.
There are a number of variations on sale of the All Rounder

Recommended.

Brilliant Graham, nice little review! I bought one for my son a few years ago, and last year I took it out on a small river (the Nidd) and trundled meat using a battered old Trudex Mk 1 with 12lb line straight through. Absolutely brilliant for that application and managed to hit and hold fish at a decent distance too.

Graham I originally bought a pair of these for tench fishing but I have been using one of them for floater fishing for medium size carp and have been very happy with it.
Have had good fun catching fish up to 22lb and look forward to using it again once the river season is over.

Graham I originally bought a pair of these for tench fishing but I have been using one of them for floater fishing for medium size carp and have been very happy with it.
Have had good fun catching fish up to 22lb and look forward to using it again once the river season is over.
Great fun Mike.
Had a few spotties to 6lb yesterday on a very pushy Test bit below you yesterday on the rod. Too fast for the float. Mind you a Salmon over 15lb estimated, gave it a good workout until the line parted.

ATB

Hi Graham
I fished yesterday but on the backstream as main river still to much flow and even the trout stream was strong flowing.
Surprisingly a lot of roach appeared and had a few over the 1lb mark. Normally it's hard work even to get one or two.
Avon and Stour mostly still unfishable except for a few odd spots.
It is good to hear that one or two salmon are still getting through
I wish you well for the last few weeks of the season
Mike

Hi Graham
I fished yesterday but on the backstream as main river still to much flow and even the trout stream was strong flowing.
Surprisingly a lot of roach appeared and had a few over the 1lb mark. Normally it's hard work even to get one or two.
Avon and Stour mostly still unfishable except for a few odd spots.
It is good to hear that one or two salmon are still getting through
I wish you well for the last few weeks of the season
Mike
Message to you Mike

Back