• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Not what I expected!

Anthony Pearson

Two weeks ago, a PB pike of exactly 25lbs whilst perching on a Yorkshire river. I was somewhat under-gunned with a 0-7g rod and a soft plastic lure on a single hook. Add to that a landing net that definitely wasn't designed with such a fish in mind. A hair-raising fight ensued and I experienced a near-heart-stopping moment when I attempted to net it first time (I suspected I wouldn't get a second opportunity). All's well that ended well.

(Apologies for having to remove the background).
IMG_20240215_093428_818.jpg

Two weeks ago, a PB pike of exactly 25lbs whilst perching on a Yorkshire river. I was somewhat under-gunned with a 0-7g rod and a soft plastic lure on a single hook. Add to that a landing net that definitely wasn't designed with such a fish in mind. A hair-raising fight ensued and I experienced a near-heart-stopping moment when I attempted to net it first time (I suspected I wouldn't get a second opportunity). All's well that ended well.

(Apologies for having to remove the background).
View attachment 28564
GREAT angling Anthony 😁👍

Thanks for all the 'likes' everyone. It certainly made up for the dire winter conditions and is a fish I'm unlikely to beat in the future.....but I'll never say never. Here's to the fly-fishing season and tenching and carping on still waters until the rivers reopen.

Back