• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted - Drennan Series 7 Tench & Specimen Float 13’

Matt Smith

There are a couple on eBay but collection only. If anybody has one that isn’t being used and is willing to part with it (and post it), I might be interested.
Thanks

Just out of interest, I recently bought a Drennan SS 13’ Compact Extension Float Rod. When buying the rod, the manager in my local tackle shop, said that the action is identical to the rod you seek.

Thanks Neil. I’d spotted that these had been introduced probably as the Series 7 replacement. Does the retractable telescopic butt work ok? I’ve got an Acolyte Compact and the screw off section of the handle is perfect…which is what the Series 7 had.

I wanted the Acolyte Plus Compact, but Drennan discontinued it, so opted for Compact extension instead. Yes the retractable butt works fine. It’s great for setting up at home before fishing and fits in a 6’ padded rod sleeve. Thus far I’ve only had 2 fish on it, a 3.15lb Perch and a 2lb Trout. Hopefully I’ll get stuck into the Chub on my local small river, when the level finally drops.

You might find this interesting to view/listen about the Drennan Compact Extension. It’s not Tench but Mullet fishing but they can scrap !

Drennan compact Power Float anybody? Or experience of them? I imagine they are a bit, err, powerful?? Other 13’ two piece float rods that cope ok with 4-6lb line recommendations?

Back