• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Xmas pressy

Nothing material but I could really do with a health pass from Santa having had Covid, pneumonia, norovirus and to cap it all a slipped disc - all in the last 10 weeks
Certainly makes you appreciate your health and only consolation is conditions round here are pants at the moment

Hi Paul, I'll echo you on that one. 3 bouts of covid followed by pneumonia that I'm still recovering from 7 months later. Almost back to normal now.

A Christmas present of good health and a trouble free vehicle for 2024. And If I was really lucky I'd take an extra Daiwa Tournament TS5000BE for my ca*p rods and a 14ft acolyte plus.

Hi men ,

Fishing related , a fantastic cap , and Confessions by BB to add to the library
17035904852978669187986628082259.jpg

Good collection mounting up , to be inherited by James if nothing else 😅. Sort of fishing related , crocks in Luton Towns colours , to be paraded around french carp lakes next year 👍.

In the sales I feel a cob BBQ might end up with me as well 😅

Cheers Hatter

Last edited:
Treated myself to a Black Friday deal on a Solar folding chair thinking nice and light...it wasn't . Heavy but extremely strong, another to add to the growing collection of garden / fishing chairs.
Did get the book Casting Shadows, and just now saw North Face rain jacket for £37 posted reduced from £125 Sports Direct. Too good to be true ?
I hope not.😏

Unexpected second chance on ebay for a rod I just didn't need but wondered what it would go for, so bid in hope it would get me spare tips at least, as they seem to be unavailable for the one I have which I have used just once so far. Delighted! RSM not impressed though as she bought me an old favourite I found new on ebay , a silverlite pro 3.9. Not used that yet but close to rigging though!

Some more books for the collection, mostly carp related as I collect them (gaz fareham, tom bankes 2nd book and beyond the green gate/hiding in the long grass by Stuart Brookes) however I also got the little Big Barbel, Chub, Tench and Perch tactics books by Tony Miles, and Elite Barbel by him too, so well chuffed!

No more tackle purchases for a while now unless something breaks on me, as I’ve got a new car on the way so need to save more of my pennies.

A copy of Casting at the Sun, a Drennan rod sleeve, bait pouch, some hooks and some floats. Had to work hard at resisting buying a rod I didn’t really need 💪🏻

Treated myself to a Black Friday deal on a Solar folding chair thinking nice and light...it wasn't . Heavy but extremely strong, another to add to the growing collection of garden / fishing chairs.
Did get the book Casting Shadows, and just now saw North Face rain jacket for £37 posted reduced from £125 Sports Direct. Too good to be true ?
I hope not.😏
Neil, I could do with a new jacket so I just went on sports direct website and searched North Face and it said they don't stock North Face ?

Neil, I could do with a new jacket so I just went on sports direct website and searched North Face and it said they don't stock North Face ?
Cliff. Yep looking at it a possible scam, I have contacted bank and debit card cancelled. The payment is still to be claimed by 'retailer' and if they do and it is a scam I can apply for money back. If
it is a scam its very good, never thought I would get caught.
Thanks for the heads up.
Happy New Year.🎇

Doesn’t matter what DL rod I use , they’re not catching owt.
So to keep me company on those slow days I like a radio and as I keep separate bags for barbel & pike and only one radio - it invariably ends up in the wrong bag
Santa brought me a nice radio which looks champion as loads of ways to charge it - charge from a uSB or use batteries as a back up. Claims to be wind-up / solar too.
I’m conditioned to charging stuff after a session so should work for me
Bit bigger than I’m used to but for that I get better reception and sound
Used yesterday and very happy
Still blanked mind and expensive day - 13/14 deadbaits gone to crayfish
Mesqool Wind Up Radio, Hand Crank Solar Radio with Torch/Flashlight and Reading Lamp, 5000 mAh Portable AM/FM Radio with USB Phone Charger, Rechargeable Emergency Radio with SOS Alarm and Compass https://amzn.eu/d/chSdKcn

Back