• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hand built Harrison rods for sale

Ian Galt

Hi there, due to not using them anymore and they really should be getting used. Pair of limited edition Graham Elliot 1.25tc rods, numbers 06 & 66. These were hand built by Ian Tucker. very lightly used condition. these were £260 each when new £300 ono ex postage. Collection Preston Lancashire.

Ian.
Just to be clear.

If they are GPE numbered rods built by Ian Tucker they are Torrix 1.75 tc. Limited Edition.

No other GPE rods were made apart from these certified as 1.75 tc rods. They were sold with a dual signed certification.

Last edited:
Not trying to be obtuse, Uncle Graham, but how can you have a limited edition Torrix 1.75tc blank - when there are loads of the being used by loads of builders ? Genuinely interested.

It's not the blank Nephew ( that I never knew I had). It's the trim/ title certification, numbering that makes it special.

I'm sure other manufacturers etc use similar components in their shoes as Nike for example however that doesn't mean the others can call their products Nike.

But my point is. If they are 1.25, they are not GPE branded, numbered, approved by me rods.

It's not the blank Nephew ( that I never knew I had). It's the trim/ title certification, numbering that makes it special.
I’m not really understanding it either to be honest. Are they built in a certain way that you had involvement with Graham? A particular build design of your own?

This is the correct rod. GPE as in Graham Paul Elliott

A number of BFW members and others purchased them about 10 years ago. As I said any rods sold that are not to that Specification and numbered are not endorsed by me and should not be sold as such.

Bit like selling Richard Issacs feeders that you have not made or seen Richard

A number of BFW members and others purchased them about 10 years ago. As I said any rods sold that are not to that Specification and numbered are not endorsed by me and should not be sold as such.

What was your spec on them Graham?

I’m not selling one Graham nor have I seen one before. Just genuinely taking an interest in them and what they are.

I’m not selling one Graham nor have I seen one before. Just genuinely taking an interest in them and what they are.
I had one from Graham years ago, beleived it to be 12ft 2.0 lb , felt heavier than a 1.75 rod.

Can't remember what Harrison blank it was but feel it was a Torrix thinking about it?
Nice whipping with hint of gold running through them. Good power lower down, had barbel to 12lb before being offered silly money for it.

I brought it off Graham on one of his guided days......

Graham I still whisper "here fishy fishy" after it worked for us on the Kennet that day! And like you, I do get some looks😂

Back