• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted Dave Mason /Andy Sliwa barbel rod

any pics are you selling it?
James, I don't think I could let this rod go, I did buy it off a member on here so if I was to sell it it would be on here. Andy seems to be very laid back about making rods and money, which seems to be the way with bespoke rod builders.
He does frequent the odd Barbel Society meeting, and used to show some rods, buy him a pint or two and you never know.😊

Here’s a picture I found of my andy sliwa rod I’m gutted i parted with it way back

Attachments

• F915966D-456F-43AB-BDB6-5442B6AE1AE1.png
    F915966D-456F-43AB-BDB6-5442B6AE1AE1.png
    398.8 KB · Views: 157
Neil I would keep it. I messaged Andy last year he said he was not taking orders and only builds in spare time but said he may have time early this year,I messaged him again & he said not this year!

thanks Bob as I said to Neil I did message him and he replied quickly but said very busy not taking orders
Will keep an eye out if any appear, I know Dave Mason suffered a health setback a few years ago, but you might try and make contact with him? Lovely bloke, and would help I am sure if he can.

Will keep an eye out if any appear, I know Dave Mason suffered a health setback a few years ago, but you might try and make contact with him? Lovely bloke, and would help I am sure if he can.
Thanks Neil most helpful,its an idea to try to contact him,I see he is honorary vice president of the Barbel society with 10+ famous anglers under him so it would probably take one of those to just ring him up & start talking about his rod!

I'm pretty sure the 10'6" blanks are no longer available (think they were Sportex). Furthermore, I'm 99% sure Andy now only builds on Evoke blanks.
I have one of the 10'6" Dave Mason rods but not willing to part with it just yet. If I do I'll keep you in mind, James.

Back