• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Adcock Stanton Centrepin advice

Simon Rolph

Senior Member & Supporter
I am looking for some help with an Adcock Stanton Centrepin which I have bought for a friend to go with a float rod I have for him

it is a 4 1/2 inch fairly new one with the centre knurled drag knob on the front and has no check clicker by the looks of it. Not that that matters as it’s for trotting anyway.

im trying to take the spool off to clean and lube with Centrepin oil before giving it to him. I have managed to undo the large flat head screw in the centre of the drag knob and remove that , and can see the Centrepin and drag washer. Not wanting to force things - how does the spool come off ? I have tried pushing on the pin but the spool is not coming away from the backplate ? Anyone know how to get the spool off ?

much appreciated

cheers
simon

Remove the screwt on the backplate and remove the spool complete with spindle.
Then knock the spindle through the drum from the front face.

I wouldn't suggest to oil a bearing pin though.
Hi
I've got a couple of adcocks, (3) and had the same problem before. Did it come with the instructions? Do not remove the screw on the back plate. Try oil on the spindle, let it soak in, then place a cloth over the backplate, then with a mallet give it a sharp tap on the spindle, this should dislodge the spool, then a good clean, and oil, and it should be ok. If it will not come off, ask me to put pictures of instructions on here.
Regards Wayne
Ps watch this space as I will be selling one or more soon¡

Hi
I've got a couple of adcocks, (3) and had the same problem before. Did it come with the instructions? Do not remove the screw on the back plate. Try oil on the spindle, let it soak in, then place a cloth over the backplate, then with a mallet give it a sharp tap on the spindle, this should dislodge the spool, then a good clean, and oil, and it should be ok. If it will not come off, ask me to put pictures of instructions on here.
Regards Wayne
Ps watch this space as I will be selling one or more soon¡
Hi
I am looking for some help with an Adcock Stanton Centrepin which I have bought for a friend to go with a float rod I have for him

it is a 4 1/2 inch fairly new one with the centre knurled drag knob on the front and has no check clicker by the looks of it. Not that that matters as it’s for trotting anyway.

im trying to take the spool off to clean and lube with Centrepin oil before giving it to him. I have managed to undo the large flat head screw in the centre of the drag knob and remove that , and can see the Centrepin and drag washer. Not wanting to force things - how does the spool come off ? I have tried pushing on the pin but the spool is not coming away from the backplate ? Anyone know how to get the spool off ?

much appreciated

cheers
simon
Hi Simon have you managed to get the spool off?
Wayne

Hi Wayne, tried this on mine without any sucess. Mine has the adjustable tensioner to slow the spool down, dont know if that makes any difference ?

regards
Richard

Hi Wayne, tried this on mine without any sucess. Mine has the adjustable tensioner to slow the spool down, dont know if that makes any difference ?

regards
Richard
Hi Richard
I've got one with the adjustable drag. Have you been able to get the drag knob off? Try WD40, let it soak in, and try again. Have a look on eBay, there's one for sale with picture of instruction. After getting drag knob, if you still can't get spool off, then you might have to carefully lever spool off.
Regards Wayne

Hi

Hi Simon have you managed to get the spool off?
Wayne
Hi Wayne

no so far it’s refused to move more than about 5mm. but it’s running smoothly and the TF penetrating lube that I used has made it far better so am going to leave it for now Thanks for the help. Cheers Simon

Thanks for all the help guys. I have used a really good lubricant that has improved the run of the reel now. so am not going to take it apart any further for now

cheers Simon

Back