• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Poliovirus

Ever since monitoring systems were operational in our sewerage/water supply systems, viruses, including Polio, and many other nasties have consistently been found. It's one of the positive actions consistently taken by the Water Companies. It's a major contribution to tracking such nasties at local and national levels. Whether they're doing enough to eradicate such things getting into our water supply is another question.

Polio has never fully gone away and there is no known cure. The massively successful vaccine program particularly for very young children started many decades ago has meant that infections in the UK and most of the world have been almost eradicated and treatments, when required, highly effective.

The biggest issue is many parents of later generations are not getting their under 5's vaccinated for "fear of what's going in their kids bodies". As that trend continues then expect to see infections re-appearing with horrific consequences.

Yesterday I saw a young mother on the news compare it to the COVID vaccine. Her kids haven't been vaccinated for COVID and are fine, so why get vaccinated against Polio. Staggering ignorance!

As that trend continues then expect to see infections re-appearing with horrific consequences.

It's already happening. The fuss surrounding the MMR jab started years ago (late 90s). We are now seeing increasing numbers of younger ladies that haven't been inoculated against Rubella (German Measles) or Measles. Not necessarily an issue for anyone that isn't pregnant, bad news for a foetus. Getting mumps beyond childhood isn't reputed to be a barrel of laughs either.

In a similar vein, TB has been on the increase in the UK. Partly this is due to immigration and international travel. However, the cessation of the schools BCG vaccination program in 2005 has had some influence. I'm sure that the modern resistance to any inoculations would have had a significant impact even if the program had continued.

Don't really want to get into this as its non fishing but choice is important - my first child had her first shot of MMR as a baby, had an adverse reaction and nearly died; sufficed to say my other two kids have had nothing and its been enough to form a view that may differ from others with regards vaccines per se. Vaccine damage is VERY well hidden from the public - if you look deeper the numbers are bigger than you think!

To support this I never had BCG during the 80's as I had seemingly natural immunity (may be because I grew up in India prior and created a load of natural immunity to all sorts!)

I'm triple jabbed for Covid (purely for practical / business reasons) but none of my kids are - they've all had Covid twice and are fine

Polio however is a possibly different thing - my kids are now all teenagers so at least have had reasonble time to create their own effective natural defenses but would consider if it became an issue . . .

Back