• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Number of rods and reels

A recent life changing event (and very nearly life ending) gave me thought to having a good sort of my surplus fishing kit and this thread has inspired me sit down and list the lot. Horrifyingly, I realise I’m something of a collector hoarder and much of this will be moved on the coming months. The cane rod collection is a result of an obsession with buying and restoring them that lasted for several years. Much of the rest has been acquired over the the past 20 years.

CANE RODS

Augur - Carp Special
Allcocks - Record Breaker
Alcocks - Wizard
B. James - MK IV Avon
B James MK IV Carp
Chapmans - 500
Chapmans - 550
Chapmans - Hunter
Chapmans - Dennis Pye 700 Pike Rod
Constable of Bromley - Forty Fore De-luxe
Edgar Sealey - Octofloat
Edgar Sealey - Ocotofloat De-luxe
Farlows- Holdfast 5' Spinning Rod
John Holt Schooling - No 5 8' bottom rod.
Hardy - No 1 FWK Wallis no 1 Allround
Hardy - LRH 1
Hardy - LRH 2
Hardy - LRH 3
Lee & Sons - Aquilla
Lee & Sons - Hapmshire
Modern Arms - Arun
Milwards - Swimversa
Milwards - senior featherweight
Precision rods - Tudor Supreme
3 Rodrill of London 11 ft heavy float rods. One done to original spec. One done with open bridge (MK IV style Guides), one done with full set of stand-off vintage agate lined guides.

Glass rods.
Bruce and walker MK IV G

CARBON RODS

3 fox matrix carp rods
1 Greys Prodigy marker rod
1 Daiwa power mesh barbel rod
1 Daiwa infinity barbel rod
1 Greys x-flite barbel Rod
1 John Wilson Avon (early version)
1 John Wilson Avon system quiver (Later Version)
2 Korum Neoteric twin tip
1 Maver Jurrasic match
1 Korum Precision power float
1 Sundridge Kortina Carbon carp ( my first carbon rod from the early 80s, kept for old time’s sake)

REELS
2 Shimano Stradic X gtm 3000
1 Shimano Stradic x gtmh 3000
Daiwa Ninja
3 Shimano Baitrunners GTE 8000
1 Daiwa GS 750Z
1 Daiwa GS 850Z (needs repairing)
2 Mitchell match
2 Mitchell 300
1 Abu Cardinal 66
2 Abu Cardinal 44

CENTREPINS

2 Speedia wide drum deluxe
1 Speedia narrow drum
1 Alcock Aerial T10
1 Zephyr 4”
1 Zephy 3 1/2”
1 David Slater Pioneer
1 Okuma Sheffield
1 Marco Cortezi

I probably have too much fishing tackle……

Checked out of curiosity and 61 rods, poles, whips, boat rods etc - most disciplines, various qualities and built up over a long time.
44 reels
And I have given quite a lot of stuff away/ sold it for buttons. I was at a BBQ yesterday and saw a pair of old Browning carp rods( when it was hard to get pike rods) and the browning baitrunners they did in the 90s that I gave to my brother in law years ago. Still going strong.
I do keep a spreadsheet for insurance purposes. Scary if you put in a cost to replace.
Not forgetting chairs, luggage , alarms, lures, terminal tackle etc...😲

I imagine Walty Mitty from North Notts has got more rods than everyone combined. At least 4 of each, enough to fill his very large house 🙂

Getting so envious reading this thread some lovely rods and reels! I am super modest on that front, but then it's only now that I've been able to afford some decent gear after I started again from a 20 year hiatus.

1 Daiwa black widow 1.75 12"
1 Torrix 1.75 11" by Mark Tunley
1 Guru n-gauge power feeder 12"
1 Guru n-gauge feeder 9"
1 Korum Op 2lb 8"
1 Spar Garage Telescopic 14lb 5"

2 x SS2600
1 x SS1600
1 x Daiwa BG Magsealed 2500

I need something a little more powerful for the winter so I can bench my 1.75 Torrix, open for suggestions!!

Getting so envious reading this thread some lovely rods and reels! I am super modest on that front, but then it's only now that I've been able to afford some decent gear after I started again from a 20 year hiatus.

1 Daiwa black widow 1.75 12"
1 Torrix 1.75 11" by Mark Tunley
1 Guru n-gauge power feeder 12"
1 Guru n-gauge feeder 9"
1 Korum Op 2lb 8"
1 Spar Garage Telescopic 14lb 5"

2 x SS2600
1 x SS1600
1 x Daiwa BG Magsealed 2500

I need something a little more powerful for the winter so I can bench my 1.75 Torrix, open for suggestions!!
Chimera 3 is a great big river/ big feeder/ floodwater option that's not too numb to use.

Back