• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tench 2022

He's a good lad, and makes other stuff. Massively over engineered, but they work. He made a Pad cutter, but that's so heavy I have to float it out on a plastic sledge and then pull it back.

IMG_2443 (2).JPG
IMG_2443.JPG
IMG_2445.JPG

Two excellent fish Graham. I know you’re hoping for a ten but two crackers all the same. Well angled Sir 👍

Thanks very much Mike.. incredible scrap too.
I bet , a beautiful fish and a great photograph too .My biggest North Yorkshire tench is 6lb 10oz .I have recently found a little pond that has produced an 8lb er ,to date 5lb 12oz is my biggest from the water ,it's hard going but I will persist . Again well done , that is a fish of a lifetime here in the frozen north !

I bet , a beautiful fish and a great photograph too .My biggest North Yorkshire tench is 6lb 10oz .I have recently found a little pond that has produced an 8lb er ,to date 5lb 12oz is my biggest from the water ,it's hard going but I will persist . Again well done , that is a fish of a lifetime here in the frozen north !
Mike, if you missed it, have a look at post 176. A North Yorkshire fatty, and the tench isn't bad either.

Thanks again Mike, I'd like to invite you, however looking for permission etc...

Took my pal out again today; he’s just come back to fishing after a 30 year break.

Simple float fished sweetcorn produced 9 tench, with the best properly weighed at a level 5lb.

He also hooked 3 decent carp. 2 smashed the hooklink in various Lilly beds and the third just fell off when he was winning. Doh !

He is now talking about joining a local club and also going for a day on the river. He’s hooked…….

Thats massive Chris, well done. Usual place too? A Yorkshire 8 is my Grail.....
Yes, any concerns we had about them not doing well have vanished like mist on a lake on a sunny morning. They are also breeding pretty well, with a couple of year classes of tiddler evident. Get yourself up May/early June next year. The offer is always there for you.

Back