• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Prolonged heat

Hi men,

No , but it takes everyone to refrain from personal digs , and like I learnt in many otter threads , there are times to question others views but in the end accept we are all different 👍

Hatter
Mark.

I can see where the moderators are coming from in trying to maintain order. Since I've been a member on here, I've occasionally found myself 'bitting my tongue' on saying something that I might later regret. Nothing serious but refraining from causing needless bad feeling. But on this subject I happen to think that Chris is correct. Barbel welfare should be robustly, honestly and openly discussed. I don't consider comments made in this thread as being over the top. Slightly personal perhaps but not really that serious.

You'll of course run the site as you see fit. Just my thoughts.

A beautiful H. Avon this morning.
20220716_092637.jpg

Wind up merchant !
Aye maybe Chris, but whilst your undoubted care for your quarry is evident here everywhere is different and there's a need to accept that people can and will take the responsibility for their own actions.

Iv just had a bit of an idea. I wonder if you could make a kind of small scale outboard motor type thing that you could put half into the water infront of a resting barbel. The blades spinning disturbing the water should put a bit of oxygen in the water plus it would create a bit of flow aiming directly at the fish if that makes sense. Could improve recovery time at any time of the year.

Iv just had a bit of an idea. I wonder if you could make a kind of small scale outboard motor type thing that you could put half into the water infront of a resting barbel. The blades spinning disturbing the water should put a bit of oxygen in the water plus it would create a bit of flow aiming directly at the fish if that makes sense. Could improve recovery time at any time of the year.

They've done that at pershore kid......works a treat

We might end up seeing a lot of headless ones 🤣
Haha. You could have a guard on the blades kind of like a table top fan you’d have in your house.
After I posted I was thinking a better option would be something more like a fish tank pump. Something that could suck air in as well as water and pump both out towards the fish

Haha. You could have a guard on the blades kind of like a table top fan you’d have in your house.
After I posted I was thinking a better option would be something more like a fish tank pump. Something that could suck air in as well as water and pump both out towards the fish
Make it light, portable and easy to use in most situations and obviously good on battery juice and I think you could be on to something there Jon.
We heard about it here first…👍🏻

Something that neatly hooks or drops on to the inside of a net frame would be quite nice Jon and blows a good volume of air and turbulence into the net with a recovering fish.

Something that neatly hooks or drops on to the inside of a net frame would be quite nice Jon and blows a good volume of air and turbulence into the net with a recovering fish.
Yeah I like your thinking. We got any engineering whizz kids on here that can design something? Obviously I’ll want 50% of the business for coming up with the idea.

Back