• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Photos of river scenes

Kennet
20220625_193656.jpg

Another little exploration adventure on the river Lot. Sally and I took the camper-car to Cenevieres for a birthday treat for her, all of 10k from our home!
From there we took our bikes downriver for several K and explored some of the farm tracks that followed the river. We found some nice picnic sites and also access to some good fishing swims.
The river here is quite wide, in summer I would expect bream, silure and maybe carp - certainly not barbel! But I think when the river is in winter spate this may be a useful stretch to fall back on. Certainly it is very scenic!

IMG_20220702_155012.jpg

IMG_20220702_155345.jpg
IMG_20220702_150758.jpg

Mojo still intact I set off this morning to the Vienne in order to redress the balance after breaking off a good fish on the strike last week. The braid line had become snagged in a gap in the bail of an Emcast. So, armed with a more reliable outfit of a 1929 reel and 1944 rod I went for a rematch.

vienne swim 11722.jpg

Not a sniff! I'll have it out next time ;)

Back