• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

DELKIM Official Discount NOW ON

Gerry Giles

Senior Member & Supporter
Just a heads up if your thinking of buying a set of new Delkims ?
they are selling them at the same price they were 30 years ago to celebrate 30 years of trading. till September

Just a heads up if your thinking of buying a set of new Delkims ?
they are selling them at the same price they were 30 years ago to celebrate 30 years of trading. till September
That’s a cracking saving!!! Fair play to them for doing that because let’s face it ….. they certainly don’t need to discount them.

I'd hate to think I recently bought a set, I wonder if they'll reimburse recent sales🤣

My ex local tackle dealer, now quite famous, told me a few years ago that Delkim wouldn't allow him to discount their alarms so he'd discount other items of tackle quite heavily when people bought a set from him.

I'd hate to think I recently bought a set, I wonder if they'll reimburse recent sales🤣

My ex local tackle dealer, now quite famous, told me a few years ago that Delkim wouldn't allow him to discount their alarms so he'd discount other items of tackle quite heavily when people bought a set from him.
thats correct
if Delkim found any dealers discounting them they would stop supplying them instantly but this 30 year promotion is available with any Delkim dealer
Im guessing ? a few people may upgrade to the new Delkims and there will be a few sets of used ones about soon

yes it would be a bit sickening to find your very recent purchase £100 lighter a week later.
I do hope Delkim have a boat load of stock on hand because I can foresee a hell of a lot of old alarms being upgraded in the next 2 months

I had a pair of mint TXI’s with RC that were 15 years old and stuffed em on auction and got a staggering £306.00.

Upgrading now would essentially cost people just afew quid

I had a pair of mint TXI’s with RC that were 15 years old and stuffed em on auction and got a staggering £306.00.

If they're going for that second hand I suppose they're good value. Still a lot to stump up in this day n age.

If they're going for that second hand I suppose they're good value. Still a lot to stump up in this day n age.

Hardly giving them away are they
well its the cheapest they have been for 30 years !!!
and of course some people will think they are grossly over priced but some people think that they are worth every penny as they are the most adjustable best alarms made
I am a huge fan of delkims BUT I also have a set of Prologic Bat+ alarms that are really brilliant alarms and the price is jaw dropping cheap they are the bargain of the century IMO they are brilliant
£74.99 a set of 3 with receiver delivered !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Question for all. Alarms for carp are a different ball game to say alarms for tench or barbel. If you don't need 360 different sounds and the sensitivity/vibration features, would you say they are that much better than ATTs? If so why? I might look at getting some alarms for overnight barbel and tench so thoughts are appreciated!

Question for all. Alarms for carp are a different ball game to say alarms for tench or barbel. If you don't need 360 different sounds and the sensitivity/vibration features, would you say they are that much better than ATTs? If so why? I might look at getting some alarms for overnight barbel and tench so thoughts are appreciated!
personally having owned and used ATTs alarms I would buy the Prologic bat + in the link above over them as they will do everything the ATTs will do
but they also have more features inc to me a very important sensitivity adjustment ( no messing around buying extra wheels and changing them )
and cheaper !

Anthony, whilst you may only be needing the alarms for barbel and tench at the moment, what of your future fishing? Delkims are a sound investment and whilst there may be improvements and new models in the future, they certainly have an excellent reputation.

would you say they are that much better than ATTs?
No not for any species where a self hooking rig is used. Any reliable alarm is going to do the job just fine for barbel.
From my experience delks really come into their own for predators. Pike Zander and perch are notorious for picking up baits and happily taking them down on the spot or dropping baits through changes in resistance. In both cases a roller alarm can fail because 1 it doesn’t sense vibration and 2 they are next to useless with open bail set ups (line just skips over the wheel)

If I didn’t pike fish in winter, I probably wouldn’t own a set of alarms but I do and imo they must be delks to ensure maximum indication from the most delicate of pick ups.
In all honesty though Even a delk can’t beat a well set up float rig

Do they come with free rain covers 😉😉

I suppose you could buy the delkim snag ears😂😂

AC5AB815-F4E3-4D98-ABD9-DC2400B0A2D3.jpeg

Back