• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hiking/walking boots

For the money Hi-tec are very underrated, if money is no issue Scarpa.
Reading good things about inov8, they have a graphene coating on the sole which pretty much makes them indestructible.
I had some Hi Tec that lasted years despite the abuse they got fishing, beating and shooting. I replaced them with the updated version of the same boot and they fell apart within a few months. It was obviously a manufacturing issue that resulted from them changing the materials and cutting costs but their customer service department were not interested. They wanted me to return the boots to the retailer. As far as I was concerned I did not want the retailer to lose out for something they would have been unaware of. It was a manufacturing issue.

On that basis I would not now recommend them.

Scarpa Terra GTX for me. Had mine 8 plus years and they’ve just about had it. I’ve been so happy with them think I’ll just buy the same again

Had two pairs of Brasher Hillmasters which were great, last pair split and the quality was noticeably different. My own fault, because I didn't realise they were taken over by Berghaus (JD Sports/Pentland Group) 😞. Living on past accolades unfortunately

Next pair will be Scarpa Ranger GTX or Altberg's

Go Outdoors are selling the Brasher boots at £119. They have a partner agreement with Millets so will price match. I've the same pair that I bought over 10 years ago. Still going strong after loads of mountain hikes in the UK (national 3 peaks) and Austrian Alps. Vibram sole for good grip on rocks and leather uppers.

Attachments

• IMG20220628133542.jpg
    IMG20220628133542.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Back