• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

pigeon conditioner can it be frozen ?

Are you mixing it with any other bait or just using it as it is and fishing over the top?
It depends on what I’m targeting/venue etc.

For barbel specifically I tend to add it to a method mix and wrap it around the lead or ball it in if the situation permits. I’ll also add a light scattering of my hookbait choice in the wider area. Alternatively if I’m in a tight swim and want a bed of bait down then I’ll use a bait dropper, omit the groundbait and add hookbaits to the mix.

With regards to carp fishing I’ll spod/spomb/spoon it out depending on swim choice and venue. I don’t subscribe to the notion that bait has to be overly flavoured for it to be effective so less is more in my very humble opinion.

I should add that for the most part I’m fishing canals, small rivers or the upper Trent. So my approach may be limited on your choice of venue.

I get mine from mole country stores bucktons pigeon conditioner £15.49 there also do sacks of cut maize flaked maize whole maize in 20kg sacks

Ill have a look in my local farm shop when I pick up the dogs food tomorrow and see if they have any, failing that its £26 on Amazon

Still only £25 though which should last me a while. £25 would normally only get me a packet of hooks with £23 going on the diesel to get me there!!!

Do you mix it with anything or use it on its own?

I fish the Thames alot, which has hardly any flow most of the year, im thinking I could use it to create a bed of small items and mix some pellets in too.
I wouldn't add pellets in it when fishing the Thames, you will soon have a bed of crayfish if you do that.

ok thanks, Ill give the particles a run on their own before I start tweaking my mix :)

Back