• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Photos of river scenes

That looks amazing Stephen !!
Yes Paul,lovely little river.I bailiff a mile stretch of it,and very rarely see anyone.Most are put off with weed and the fact that you can walk the whole length and not see a decent fish.And of course no easy access to the river,a bit of jungle warfare.
Barbel go to low doubles,but not to me,my best being 9.5lbs.
Any fish is well earned from there.

B922B9BD-6FF6-4E8D-8AC3-15FB3B74AA1C.jpeg
Suns come out now it’s about to set. Provided this crazy double rainbow though

Spent a day on the Charente. I had fished it last week and saw some good fish. There was a lot of drifting weed though last week that caused a lot of poblems. Very little weed today, but no fish either. Around 3pm a barn owl flew over then about 30 minutes later a bat fluttered around for ten minutes or so. After the bat had gone a peregrine falcon did a fly by.

20220628_153713_resize_30.jpg
20220628_153721_resize_62.jpg

Last edited:
Fishing has been slow since a recent heat wave. Still had quite a few very small barbel but the better fish will be under the trees in the deeper water on the outside of river bends. They are reluctant to feed in daytime!

So I borrowed a friends Nikon camera to see if I could improve on shots of the river taken with my phone camera. The phone camera is very good, but maybe the Nikon D5100 has the edge. BUT - it is a lump to carry!

DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0097.JPG
DSC_0110.JPG
DSC_0109.JPG

The first two photos are of the Cenevieres stretch of the river Lot. In summer it's like a lake with virtually no flow. There are some massive carp here but access is difficult. The top weir brings a few carp and barbel but is ultra snaggy, the deeper section in my photos is best fished from the gardens of the holiday rental properties. Good carp if you put plenty of bait in!

Last two photos are of Larnagol. Had plenty of barbel there over the last few years but not in the summer, unless some good flow due to rare summer storms. I just love sitting there!

Back