• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Cadence cr10 barbel??

Oliver Keogh

Hello all
I know these rods have been touched on in some earlier threads but I’m hoping someone can give me a first hand opinion on them after some action??
Cheers

I have one of the prototypes the 2lb tc version in black. I would say its a through action very similar to my greys prodigy. Not sure what changes were made on the final version.

I have one of the prototypes the 2lb tc version in black. I would say its a through action very similar to my greys prodigy. Not sure what changes were made on the final version.
Cheers Kevin, I think I’ll just bite the bullet and get a pair as there isn’t a huge amount of independent info about them

Can’t speak of these rods specifically, but I have used a few bits from cadence match range and I can’t fault it. If they’re half as good as what I’ve used then you won’t have any complaints.

I have a pair of 2lb tc. The fish playing action is lovely and they have enough backbone lower down in the rod to cast a good distance. Quality rings and reel seat but the quality of the cork handle is not great. Not bad but not as good as I would expect. They are not lightweight blanks but they are very strong so they will cast a 6oz feeder with ease. This is sometimes a good thing as I swung a 5oz feeder into the rod once, it is still fine.

Overall, a good or very good rod. I've caught over 350 fish on my pair to over 14lb in a year.

Hope this helps.

I have a pair of 2lb tc. The fish playing action is lovely and they have enough backbone lower down in the rod to cast a good distance. Quality rings and reel seat but the quality of the cork handle is not great. Not bad but not as good as I would expect. They are not lightweight blanks but they are very strong so they will cast a 6oz feeder with ease. This is sometimes a good thing as I swung a 5oz feeder into the rod once, it is still fine.

Overall, a good or very good rod. I've caught over 350 fish on my pair to over 14lb in a year.

Hope this helps.
It does help thank you Ian, I can live with the lesser cork. Think I’ve made my decision!

Back