• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted: Advanta River Ambush Rod in 7ft/1.75lb TC (or similar)

Morning chaps,

I'm after the above or similar - a short and compact rod under 8ft and in 1.75lb test for some close quarters barbelling.

The Advanta River Ambush in 7ft is my preferred rod of choice but they've been sold out on Angling Direct for a good while now - if anyone has one they would like to part with then I'm keen :)

Best wishes,

Callum

Morning chaps,

I'm after the above or similar - a short and compact rod under 8ft and in 1.75lb test for some close quarters barbelling.

The Advanta River Ambush in 7ft is my preferred rod of choice but they've been sold out on Angling Direct for a good while now - if anyone has one they would like to part with then I'm keen :)

Best wishes,

Callum
Have you looked at the Korum Opportunist 8 foot rod: https://www.fishingtackleandbait.co...MIrIudnPOc9AIV9Y9oCR0G6w98EAQYASABEgKqC_D_BwE

The little Korum opportunist is a lovely little rod I’ve got a pair of the 8ft ones I use them down the Lea they seem like there gonna be too stiff but the action is nice once you hook into a decent fish for the money there bang on

Thanks Robert. I'll give it a few days to see if anyone pipes up - but will likely go for the Opportunist. Having had a google they also do the 'Opportunist X' Range now, which looks nice and minimal.

Update:

... And as if by magic, the Advanta 7ft / 1.75lb is back in stock! I couldn't believe my eyes when I checked last night lol.

Last edited:
I got both Aventa rods towards the end of last season but have not yet tried them out.
The 7 footer is rigged up ready for my local River Nidd where I believe it would be perfect. It certainly feels powerful enough to extract those nidd nutters from under the willow branches!

Back