• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum spopper

Are they only for rivers? I bought one during the week. Used it at Sywell today. It wouldn't open. Thought it may be the ground bait. Wouldn't open with just particles either. Thought it might be landing on weed. Dropped it in at the edge. Still wouldn't open. Works fine when empty. Had to use bait up cage instead.

Are they only for rivers? I bought one during the week. Used it at Sywell today. It wouldn't open. Thought it may be the ground bait. Wouldn't open with just particles either. Thought it might be landing on weed. Dropped it in at the edge. Still wouldn't open. Works fine when empty. Had to use bait up cage instead.
How tight is the trigger? It needs to be very free to work. Get a 3mm drill and give it a gentle ream to let the trigger work.

I am not sure that is the issue actually. It is really the bend of the opening mechanism. It really does allow for fine tuning - opening or closing the 'U'.

Did you add the weight to the cone?

Thanks Eddie good idea.
Before you go down the drill route, Michael, take the time to remove the pin and carefully open and close the 'u' in the bend. You will hopefully find that you can fine tune the opening of the bopper to your desire.
I purchased both the small and large of these yesterday and would have to say that neither opened without fault.

Great 🙁 every barbel river will now have mountains of pellets in them …even more than they do now…. It’s gonna be like fishing in a permanent oil slick….. don’t know why people use the bloody things not great for fish or water
Totally agree, but the are good for particles etc

You could put something flatter on the tip, although might effect aerodynamics for those casting overhead.
You can do that joe but be careful not to go too big and flat unless it’s weighted like a bait dropper.
I found while experimenting that the water resistance can open them before they make it to the bottom if it’s too big and flat with an unweighted pin.

Back