• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Cimera 3 feedback and thank you

Marcus Ruoff

Some months ago I asked here for the perfect barbel/carp do everything rod for fishing my local river in snaggy swims and often fast current. The Chimera 3 was well recommended by a lot here and I had a pair made by a friendly Irish rodmaker (easier to send here to Germany without custom fees albeit).

Since then I have fished the rods on nearly every occasion and have rarely found need to grab any of my other barbel rods from Free spirit.
I can basically sell them all ;-)!
Just tonight I caught a really nice carp on my club lake (all virgin fish so exciting stuff) amongst the lily pads and the rod performed flawless again.

So just wanted to say thank you to all who have recommended these incredible rods to me!
They are certainly not the slimmest and most elegant piece of kit but nice to look at, light in the hand and a workhorse of rod that indeed, as has been said here, can cast a 5-6oz feeder out as far as I need.

Big kudos to Harrison for these rods and big kudos for the forum members here for helping me out with such great advise!

Thank you and take care!

Marcus
Riedlingen on the Danube
Germany

Very pleased that you like them Marcus
They are indeed a proper workhorse and a lovely rod to play even modest barbel on.

Back