• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Recommendations for a flood water rod.

I’ve no doubt it will land hundreds of fish Craig it’s just got no place in my armory which is fine for me.
If you’ve got a couple and you like them then that’s all that matters. 👍🏻
Dear Richard,
How would you describe the no3 Chimera - just interested as I've thought about ordering one?
Thanks
Craig

Chimera 3 definitely feels like it bends with less resistance but still feels a very powerful rod. It doesn’t feel like it’s locking up as quickly as what the SF does. I wasn’t aware it was the same blank until I saw a post from joe as they don’t feel alike to me at all. Definitely more sensitivity in the top section imo.

Chimera 3 definitely feels like it bends with less resistance but still feels a very powerful rod. It doesn’t feel like it’s locking up as quickly as what the SF does. I wasn’t aware it was the same blank until I saw a post from joe as they don’t feel alike to me at all. Definitely more sensitivity in the top section imo.
Dear Richard,
They are definitely the same blank as when I spoke to Harrisons personally yesterday that is exactly what they told me also.

Thanks for your description of the no 3
Craig

Dear Richard,
They are definitely the same blank as when I spoke to Harrisons personally yesterday that is exactly what they told me also.

Thanks for your description of the no 3
Craig
Yeah I know that now as Joe said they were aswell and he knows his onions with Harrison. It just surprised me as they feel very different in use

I’ve no doubt it will land hundreds of fish Craig it’s just got no place in my armory which is fine for me.
If you’ve got a couple and you like them then that’s all that matters. 👍🏻
Dear Richard
Thought I'd attach the graph from Steve Harrison for you - the y axis is deflection in cm and the x axis is load in grams - same rod just the 6 inches difference in length !!!
Thanks
Craig

Attachments

• 76223577_3177645668974004_3153690280956264448_n.jpg
    76223577_3177645668974004_3153690280956264448_n.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 158
Dear Richard
Thought I'd attach the graph from Steve Harrison for you - the y axis is deflection in cm and the x axis is load in grams - same rod just the 6 inches difference in length !!!
Thanks
Craig
Hi Craig thanks for the info and I don’t doubt they are the same rod as like I said Joe pointed that out and he knows his Harrison’s better than I do
The graph is very easily understood but doesn’t change my opinion of those particular rods as I’ve actually used and caught fish on them all and based my opinion on what they feel like to me.
I wouldn’t buy a rod from the information in a graph.
The flood/snag rod isn’t my cup of tea if that’s ok 👍🏻

Last edited:
Back