• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum spopper

Peter Brownbill

What’s peoples thoughts on Korum new release

Attachments

• EB28186A-B3CB-4164-B366-6FDE2E26390B.jpeg
    EB28186A-B3CB-4164-B366-6FDE2E26390B.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 358
I think they look fabulous and tbh I’m shocked it’s taken till now before some tackle giant like Preston took it on and made it into a proper product.
I hope they don’t completely devalue the invention by knocking them out Too cheap. I know personally that people are more than happy to pay £25 plus for a quality one so I’m hopeful that Korum are really looking at making these top top quality and pricing accordingly.

It would be interesting to speculate as to how big the ‘spopper’ market actually is…..Korum presumably think it is significant.

Ive never used one so I have no idea (read into that whatever you like!).

I think they look fabulous and tbh I’m shocked it’s taken till now before some tackle giant like Preston took it on and made it into a proper product.
I hope they don’t completely devalue the invention by knocking them out Too cheap. I know personally that people are more than happy to pay £25 plus for a quality one so I’m hopeful that Korum are really looking at making these top top quality and pricing accordingly.

That's a different take on cost of living Rich ..I would be happy if they knocked them out for a tenner. Either way they wont ever be in stock.
I totally agree Neil that especially at the moment any cost savings for the consumer can only be a great thing.
My comment was based around this particular product that as it stands has a rough value of between 20 and 30 pounds depending on stuff.

Now I’ve stopped making them apart from on special requests so no real effect to me but some people still make them and earn a few quid out of it and those that buy them never have any complaints with the costs as they are a luxury item.

If Korum bash em out at £10 a piece they are not a luxury item any more and any one man bands earning some crust out of them just lose that over night.
I’m willing to bet the spopper is one of, if not the best selling item in the bfw shop. Now Andy isn’t going to go out of business if he loses that but he’s gonna be afew quid down and Eddie is the manufacturer will cease to exist pretty much which is a shame but inevitable because the product is devalued to £10.

It’s abit like the Angling directs of the world. Some great cost savings for the consumer but they’ve bulldosed a good few small tackle shops along the way so it’s not great for everyone.

Korum should manufacture those Spoppers I think it’s long overdue but why not sell them as really high quality items built to last a long time and keep them a luxury item at £20. There’s definitely the market out there for them at that price tag.

Yep agree with that, but there is a price point that a company of that like has to try and reach, a better quality product would I suppose come from a smaller company that manufactures bespoke quality. However you if anyone would make the the improvements on this ...I guess the release spring mechanism would be its Achilles heel?😊

Assuming they work as expected then this will be a great but at £10-15. Anything less than £20 still makes it an easy product to buy and use. It all depends how many Korum have ordered as they current ones tend to sell out quick., especially at the beginning of the season.

The price seems good, but then I realise I don’t have a rod to cast that thing, and I normally only bring one rod with me. So guess I will pass.

Back