• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What BFW means to me

Ian Sewter

Senior Member & Supporter
We all have parts in different worlds whether its the world of work (or retirement), the world of sport, the world of family and friends etc. When one world expands another contracts or disappears altogether. At the moment my wife I married 41 years ago is dying of cancer in a hospice and my world of fishing has all but disappeared. Yet through BFW I can still access a world I love. I read most posts and I choose a rod, reel, chair, line, method or bait. I fish alongside you on the Severn, Wye, Thames or Trent and I enjoy your photos of river scenes. Thank you all for your contributions which have given me a sense of belonging, involvement and pleasure in my otherwise disappearing world of fishing when my mind is in turmoil and my eyes filled with tears.

So sad to read that Ian, stay strong.

Sincere regards

paul4

Ian, i really feel for you at this most difficult time, but remember, were all here for you if you need to talk. Please PM me if you just want to speak to someone, and just need a chat. Don,t be afraid to shed a tear, it is a perfectly normal experience. Stay strong my friend.

Regards
Derek

Last edited:
Ian, really sorry to hear your so sad news, as the others have said you have our support and sincere best wishes at this very difficult time.

Ian, Such a difficult and sad time for you. Next time I'm on the bank I send you you some pictures and you can help me out with your wisdom as I need all the help I can get. Stay safe and drink tea. Best wishes

I really feel for you Ian.

Just over a year ago I lost my Dad after a few years of dementia. He was my best friend and fishing partner. Fishing and family is helping to get me through this difficult period in my life. My advice would be to try and get out fishing. That, along with being in the countryside in pleasant surroundings was good for me.

I'll keep on posting!

Hello Ian, just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts. Sending you strength.

Back