• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Recommended Frozen Boilies

I like smaller boilies so always trim down the 16mm AH boilies so they’re more like a dumbbell
Always seem to fish better but no science behind this- they just do
It might be the fact that because your cutting the hard skin layer off your letting all the flavours and additives escape more freely thus enticing a faster bite making the bait more attractive

I have used all the baits suggested with mixed results some good some bad and think different rivers fish may not like the same bait as much as I have used vortex baits which I liked and had a mediocre season and this year I have switched to
3foot twitch lamprey and smoked herring and have had a good season on a fairly hard river so far I also changed the size and went for a 14mm which are a small 14mm

I’m currently using aqua baits who do an interesting alternative to fish meal boilies. Very good bait and rolled on the soft side. Another good bait I’ve used recently is Upstream baits who do a really good spicy fish meal. I still roll my own milks though because no one else does one to my liking - if it’s £8 a kilo, it hasn’t got much good quality milk proteins in it.

The Redemption I'm using at the minute is a 14mm dumbell, and I'll sometimes cut one or both ends off, looks like a pellet then. Other times I'll stick two on the hair. I like the dumbell shape, as it's a little different than the normal round boilie shape.

Thanks Ash - my mate has used a Baitworks product with a bit of success, not the flavour you mentioned. His absolutely stank!!! Not a subtle bait though I think he was glugging it too. Is the Atlantic heat heavily flavoured?

Cheers, Andy

AH doesnt have a flavour per se, just a good base mix and liquids.

They do sell the base mix now which i use just to make my own hookbaits and feed boilies.

Bet your mate was using Scent from Hells. Absolute sick in a bottle.

No Jon, they stopped making meteor a while back. Great bait!
It’s been years since I brought any boillies. I did like the meateor. I was on a carp syndicate for a bit and a guy on there used to do big bait orders so stopped using them and moved onto maple8 which I loved the smell of then mk1’s which Iv still got a couple of kilo in the freezer that I use occasionally when I remember to get some out

AH doesnt have a flavour per se, just a good base mix and liquids.

They do sell the base mix now which i use just to make my own hookbaits and feed boilies.

Bet your mate was using Scent from Hells. Absolute sick in a bottle.

You're right Ash! I could smell him from the next swim!! It did seem to have instant impact though I'd imagine it wouldn't take long to 'blow' at the flavour/glug levels he was using...

You're right Ash! I could smell him from the next swim!! It did seem to have instant impact though I'd imagine it wouldn't take long to 'blow' at the flavour/glug levels he was using...
I bought some n-butyric acid liquid at a barbel show a few years ago. In my wisdom I tried to inject into deadbaits when piking
Somehow I managed to get spray back and got covered in it- Jesus it is rancid and so hard to get rid of - never again
Scent from hell sums it up

I understand your point about time constraints, Andy, but have you thought about making paste to go? You can add your own stamp to any base mix (hi attract etc, etc) and a 1 egg mix should suffice for a couple of sessions perhaps.

Trigga ice Nutrabaits
Live System CCMoore
For me.

Do ccmoore still do the meat ones. Think they were called meateor or something?
no
it was a great bait but but it didnt sell well at all

and so I believe they replaced it with Odyssey XXX that IMHO is the best ready made boilie I have ever used thought its not meat based

it does not blow and catches fish that have never seen it before and on so called rock hard carp lakes too

Last edited:
Back