• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Photos of river scenes

Early morning on the Hampshire Avon.

DSCF3651.jpg

where is that Simon, the TT I assume ?
Fiskerton.

We got here at 6:30am to two cars in the car park. There’s about 12 in there now. I even got asked if I’d mind someone dropping in below me. All of 10yds away. I politely declined.

Fiskerton.

We got here at 6:30am to two cars in the car park. There’s about 12 in there now. I even got asked if I’d mind someone dropping in below me. All of 10yds away. I politely declined.
Wow that's busy.

Was anyone catching? Contemplating a trip to the middle tomorrow.

Shocking , I prefer my fishing a lot more solitary ! Hope you caught a few.

Nothing Cliff.

What you can't see in that picture is a few anglers sat back from the edge. I counted 11 anglers from me down to the Willow tree. My first time at Fiskerton, kind of spoiled it to be honest.

Last edited:
Wow that's busy.

Was anyone catching? Contemplating a trip to the middle tomorrow.
It was manic yesterday, very busy. I spoke with one guy who had fished on Monday and he said there was only two other anglers on the bank that day. I'm not sure why it was so busy yesterday.

I saw two fish come out below me, I think one must have been a Chub because the angler got it straight out of the water. The other was a Barbel I think, that was well rested before weighing it.

It's very low, but with a slight tinge of colour in it.

I know that spot David, that is where that 12.5lb pike grabbed a chub as I was playing it. Managed to land them both. Super picture.
It was the next swim upstream where a big old croc far in excess of 12 lbs made a grab for a Barbel about 6 lbs that was actually in my landing net, scared the pants out of me when the things head came right out of the water in front of me. 🤣.
Some big fish in that pool I think.

David

I had hoped to get this shot with all the autumn leaves still on the trees. Unfortunately (as always!) the weather decided to turn stormy on the very day I could get down to this swim on the Lot.....

Nov 21.jpg

Barely been there 5 minutes when the sky turned black, the rain came down in sheets driven by stormy winds. It went calm for about 30 minutes, the sun broke through and I dried out a little. I got a couple of shots but many leaves already dumped in the river.

The fishing was good though! Five barbel to 5.5 lbs in four hours, dropped a couple due to changing to barbless hooks. Last fish came as it was getting dark......

Barbel Nov 21.jpg

It rained heavily most of the session. Gave me a rare soaking, not used to bad weather here. I just left my sodden gear in the car, hopefully I can throw it all around the garden to dry in the morning! 🇫🇷

Back