• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Free Spirit HI s HW

Adam Wylie

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi if anyone is interested in a unused pair of FREE SPIRIT HI s , HW 12'
Please PM . The rods were £365 each - 5% when purchased a short while ago . ( £694 total the pair)
I've decided I won't be using them.
£550 pick up Notts 👍

Last edited:
Built a pair relatively recently. Really nice blanks.
However, never really cared for some aspects of FS standard build.
Maybe just me.
Cheers
Bob

The guides and reel seats I don’t like. The blanks are lovely.
Some people don't like the carbon reel seat ! I don't know why ?
Mine work perfectly !! Never come loose. I believe there is some sort of soft plastic mould inside screw winch ,the reel has to be wound tight to mould to the reel foot.
No problem with S- lite rings ???🤔

Think all Richard was saying is he prefers the lighter guides and a different reel seat. at the end of the day if you custom build one you can have it to your liking 👍 still great rods though

As it happens. I'm currently having a custom 1.75 Hi s & the hi s big water rod built. Love the 12ft hi s had my biggest fish and best fights on that rod!

I’m a FS fan and like quite a few of you chaps have more than I need but IF I had to pare back to just one rod for all my fishing it would be my Hi S BW 2.25 lb TC. I love ‘em. I have used them on a number of rivers in all conditions and also for feeder fishing for Tench in the spring/early summer. Definitely my go to rod if pushed.

Now that your not selling them am I allowed to rekindle the conversation on how shite the reel seats are 🤣
Seen many reel seats from various manufacturers and agree - Shite they are IMO with the disadvantage that they cost more.

Cheers
Bob

Back