• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Collingham Trent !

Paul Clotworthy

Going next week for 48 hours first time ever been with all the nice weather we have had the river is gunner be low and clear I guess what the fishing like in theses conditions down there what should I except heard it fish’s better when high and got colour on any help appreciate
Thanks

I’ve not fished it myself yet but all rivers fish better for barbel with a bit of water on.
however if ever there was a great low clear water feature it’s a great big weir pool so I’m sure you’ll do fine.

I have second 10 booked for 2 nights so not to far off the weir but I have never been here before so am just figuring out what to except before I get here

I have second 10 booked for 2 nights so not to far off the weir but I have never been here before so am just figuring out what to except before I get here
Something to work with here now. If the weather is like this in the day you will struggle with boilies etc and pellets. You may pick the odd few fish up to small baits, 4to 6mm pellets, corn, maggots and casters etc. Night time you will be more likely to catch. Small.baits again. Fish one line short the other further out to middle. They do come in close here.
Hope it helps.

Something to work with here now. If the weather is like this in the day you will struggle with boilies etc and pellets. You may pick the odd few fish up to small baits, 4to 6mm pellets, corn, maggots and casters etc. Night time you will be more likely to catch. Small.baits again. Fish one line short the other further out to middle. They do come in close here.
Hope it helps.
Thanks Jon for the heads up might give maggots a go there the day then

Gravel if anything, with the odd bank boulder down the edge etc.

Sleep in the daytime if its barbel you want. Get the rods out in the evening from 6pm. I have tried scaling down but unless you are in 1 or 1a you will struggle.

Lots of videos on Youtube to watch. The general consensus is that during the day the Barbel are mostly under the weir, later in the day/evening/night they seem to migrate lower down the pegs and those fishing further away from the weir start to catch a few.

Good luck.

Thanks lads

had good trip on the Trent when we went got my new pb on there also 17lb with 14 fish in total for plenty of them decent doubles also fished slow for day but picked up the next

96CD3E82-8A04-4A14-ADF5-15A6DA214076.jpeg

Back