• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A Chub for Bill Allen

Sounded like John was welling up a little there. I never knew about Bills channel until last week, hard to watch was the last one. He didn't look well, but he did catch, so well done to him.
My old man died of Pancreatic Cancer, he only lasted three months after they told him. Horrible disease.

I've watched dozens of Bill's videos. Whilst you can honestly say that many, even most, videos about fishing on YT are pretty boring, that can never be said about Bill's. He knows his stuff, that's for sure and he's shown that he's a master of so many types of fishing and what it's all about.
Bless dear Bill, I will miss his wisdom.

I first came across Bill's no nonsense videos a couple of years back and there aren't many that you feel the need to fast forward on. He was always informative and was excellent at explaining tactics, rigs and different scenarios. I've watched him beach fishing, pole fishing, trotting, feeder fishing, still waters, running waters, you name it and he covered most situations that average angle would find themselves in. Bill was never lost for words and gave practical and enjoyable dialogue throughout his videos. They were also expertly made and edited.
He had been ill on and off over the last two or three years and yes, fishing was very big in his life. I will miss his videos and will enjoy catching up with some of the 120 plus he made, that I've not watched.

Back