• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Ribble otter

Gary Wagstaff

Can someone please help have 3 short videos of angler I no playing an otter on the ribble. It took a large chunk of meat. they are my phone and I am unsure how to post on here. Can I send them to someone who is tec savy to post.thank you
Gary

Not an unexpected occurrence I would say, although not seen it myself , the experience of hooking something that has taken off and vanished is one that probably a good percentage of us have experienced.

I have had several Seals on the end of the line when boat fishing out of Hartlepool, they either took the bait/ lure, or took a hooked fish, so I would say an otter on the line is a similar thing .

Dave

Nightmare situation. Iv always wondered if they ever get caught. A few times this season Iv had knocks that have come to nothing and when Iv reeled in the meat had what kind of looked like claw marks in it. Could of been fish bites but they were perfectly spaced along the meat and just looked like claw marks

I hooked one earlier in the season on the Swale zig zagged right and left nearly pulled me in before crashing into some willows on my left hissing and spitting the water erupted and the 12lb big game snapped.I think it had taken a chub either that or a pellet.Gave me a proper fright,!

Nightmare situation. Iv always wondered if they ever get caught. A few times this season Iv had knocks that have come to nothing and when Iv reeled in the meat had what kind of looked like claw marks in it. Could of been fish bites but they were perfectly spaced along the meat and just looked like claw marks
Crays? I’ve had this pluck pluck pluck action, had a strike at it and retrieved a boilie that looks like it had been attacked by a kitten. On one occasion I did the above and there was a cray wrapped in the line.

I’ve seen three dead ones at the roadside round here over the last 18 months. Another on the bank.
Makes you wonder what percentage get it, if there’s a handful for five miles, one or two is a large percentage of the population.

Crays? I’ve had this pluck pluck pluck action, had a strike at it and retrieved a boilie that looks like it had been attacked by a kitten. On one occasion I did the above and there was a cray wrapped in the line.
Don’t think there are crays in the middle Severn. Iv never seen any anyway thank god. I was gonna take a photo of the one piece of meat cause it had these marks on every side of it. All evenly spaced out all the same depth. They weren’t sharp like a pikes teeth or anything they looked more scraped out if that makes sense. I’d never seen it before so had me stumped

Back