• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ā€˜Registerā€™ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

WANTED

Yes, something to be said this last year or so of deciding to move next to a River.
Choices many are not so lucky to be able to make.

Then again...twilight yearsšŸ˜€šŸ˜’

there are a lot of selfish people fishing marford at wheathampsted at the moment coming from essex .... london.... etc ... if you canā€™t beat em ... join em
Iā€™m so tempted Terry! I live 35 miles from the Upper Medway, I wouldnā€™t have to come into contact with anyone, I can be a miserable bar steward and not speak to anyone either BUT I would have to park on the roadside and if an overly vigilante copper were to check my number plate Iā€™m Ā£200 out of pocket, Iā€™m sorry to admit that if RTWAS had a private parking area I would probably give in to the temptationā˜¹ļø

Iā€™m very lucky to have a second home in Ludlow, never thought it would be against the law to visit it though ! I donā€™t mind winter carping so that will do for now, if anyone knows of some decent barbel fishing near Chelmsford let me know !!

Iā€™m so tempted Terry! I live 35 miles from the Upper Medway, I wouldnā€™t have to come into contact with anyone, I can be a miserable bar steward and not speak to anyone either BUT I would have to park on the roadside and if an overly vigilante copper were to check my number plate Iā€™m Ā£200 out of pocket, Iā€™m sorry to admit that if RTWAS had a private parking area I would probably give in to the temptationā˜¹ļø
lm tempted too bill but would like to get up the nene and thatā€™s 45 miles ... i could probably get away with marford 8 miles but it will be too busy.... there are actually people fishing marford that live miles away and they are posting about it on social media..... if brains were dynamite.........

lm tempted too bill but would like to get up the nene and thatā€™s 45 miles ... i could probably get away with marford 8 miles but it will be too busy
If the Medway were 8 miles away I would be down there like a rat up a drain pipe but not being on Faceache I donā€™t know how much pressure itā€™s under.... Thereā€™s always next season Terry...The Lord willing šŸ˜³

I was fishing my local lake last week and got chatting to a guy... Travelled from Manchester, 2 1/2 hours to fish for the weekend. It's happening everywhere.

hi dan long time no see how are ya ?.....i think a lot of anglers are just carrying on as normal itā€™s certainly not being policed around here

I'm good thanks mate, loving my carp fishing nowadays but had a good few trips on the Nene in the autumn.
The syndicate I'm on has basically said that we can crack on as long as social distance is maintained and all that good stuff... Not sure I'd want to risk a two hundred quid fine for driving a couple of hours to blank on a rock hard venue but some folk are desperate to decorate their Instagram!

I was fishing my local lake last week and got chatting to a guy... Travelled from Manchester, 2 1/2 hours to fish for the weekend. It's happening everywhere.
Donā€™t doubt it at all Dan...probably the type of bloke that has to sneak out a third rod at night on a two rod water or a fourth rod on a three rod water.....stroke pullers !!!

there are a lot of selfish people fishing marford at wheathampsted at the moment coming from essex .... london.... etc ... if you canā€™t beat em ... join em
Don't bailiffs take names there Terry?
Names equate to addresses, addresses equate to distance, surely in the scheme of things Verulam could rescind membership to keep people safe?

what syndicate are you on is it near brampton?
Not living at Brampton any more mate, marriage broke down and all that jazz!

Stroke pulling isn't an issue in my eyes, blatant urine taking fair enough.... But a cheeky extra rod or sneaking out at night on a no night venue for example really isn't hurting anyone.... Mindless conformity is a sad thing. Guess it's all down to conscience and doing your thing without upsetting others.

Back