• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

So....How far is ‘local’ then?

I've contacted my MP asking for common sense to be taken into account under any new announcements. It seems a little perverse to me that I could drive 4 miles into my local town and sit on a busy canal towpath all day where I would come into close proximity (2-3m) with 100's of other footpath users in the course of a day, yet I cannot drive 8-9 miles through open countryside to a remote stretch of river away from any footpaths etc.

Regent's Park London,is full of Lycra clad wannabe olympians,social distancing is a no no as they race around in groups overtaking cars observing the 20mph speed limit

There was a feature on Look North tonight, with the Assistant Chief Constable (didn't catch his name but he had a northern Irish accent) in the hot seat answering questions. A few interesting answers following the unseasonable hot weather that witnessed busy local seaside resorts.

"There is no definition in the guidance as to what is local". "As long as you have reasonable excuse (to be in area outside your locality)". "Whether or not you're local is irrelevant"."Local police cannot fine people for travelling out of their area as it's guidance only".

Lot of common sense comments by the ACA. Distance yourself from others and wash your hands. I thought he came across quite well.

Back