• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanting to fish the Wye

Jameel Khan

Hi as entitled i'm wanting to make a couple of bookings on the Wye for this coming summer . Firstly is there anywhere that can be night fished , and if not could anyone recommend accommodation , just a bed and somewhere to clean up . Also is pre booking recommended , or just a day ticket on the day . Really do wanna get down there this year and would feel a lot better knowing i had something in place . Any advice from anyone would be massively greatful as i'm a little confused as to whats the best way to go about things , many thanks .

I've joined Hereford & District Angling Assoc to enable me to fish the Wye at night. The membership is £55. I have also been in touch with them and have been told there is only one area that cannot be fished at night and that is on the NT land at Breinton (which is just over a field from the church there). All else is good to go although I don't think sticking up a bivvy on the Tennis Courts would be well received.

Day tickets for their sections do not allow night fishing.

I can't confirm about other areas on the Wye, although I'm pretty sure the Wye & Usk foundation waters are Daylight only.

I'm sure others on here will also help too.

I've joined Hereford & District Angling Assoc to enable me to fish the Wye at night. The membership is £55. I have also been in touch with them and have been told there is only one area that cannot be fished at night and that is on the NT land at Breinton (which is just over a field from the church there). All else is good to go although I don't think sticking up a bivvy on the Tennis Courts would be well received.

Day tickets for their sections do not allow night fishing.

I can't confirm about other areas on the Wye, although I'm pretty sure the Wye & Usk foundation waters are Daylight only.

I'm sure others on here will also help too.
Thankyou so much Eddie .

Back