• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shimano 3500B's x2 Sold

Eric Hayes

These need no introduction. My Brother has decided to quit Barbel fishing so has asked me to sell his 3500B's. They are in excellent condition having very light use (one is still tight being barely run in) and come with one box but 2 x instruction and diagram booklets. I would prefer collection from the Blackburn area of Lancashire but could post but this would be extra.

I'm looking for £190 which I think is a reasonable price for a pair of these legendary winches in this condition.

Message me if you need further info.
230004DA-0889-4242-B967-F2ED315DAA7E.jpeg
8201CBF9-9DA5-47E1-9D40-78404EF16181.jpeg
CBDAF054-7CC2-40CA-A53F-5E1E76A1EC72.jpeg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Eric

I have a friend that has been after a pair for a while, will message him now.

Thanks.
Thanks Guy,

Tell your friend he will struggle to find better.

I have 3 with 2 having been in use for ten years now and they haven’t let me down. They are still going strong and with a quick rinse and a squirt of WD40 they are as good as new. I was seriously thinking of keeping them for myself because they are in top condition but I’d probably just leave them in a cupboard gathering dust And why would I need 5? It’s not like I’m going to wear mine out.

Strong and reliable reels, I have one, but as I use only one rod mostly I can not justify another , or indeed another two.

Whoever sees fit to purchase will get a pair of reels that when looked after will last a lifetime, as opposed to maybe a couple or so years before becoming a burden.

Good luck on the sale, it should be be too long before they are snapped up.

David.

Strong and reliable reels, I have one, but as I use only one rod mostly I can not justify another , or indeed another two.

Whoever sees fit to purchase will get a pair of reels that when looked after will last a lifetime, as opposed to maybe a couple or so years before becoming a burden.

Good luck on the sale, it should be be too long before they are snapped up.

David.

I've had a few reels in my time. Shimano XTEA's GTE's to name just a few and the 3500B's wipe the floor with all of them when it comes to winching stuff in and I'm not just talking fish. I've bent reels on the Ribble dragging flood debris in but the 3500B's don't miss a beat. Charter boat captains used to swear by them because of how bombproof they are, short of dropping them over the side you'll not kill one. Just a shame they are no longer produced. Not the best looking reel but as far as function goes they are up there with the ABU Ambassadeur.

Back