• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Severn at Hallow (sections 4-5)

Jamie Snow

Hi all, any info about this stretch much appreciated.

Distance too river from the car park?
What are the banks like?

Tight lines all
Jamie.

Car park right next to river at top end of 5. Downstream is through trees along footpath high above river, but access down to many swims. Upstream through 4 is mixed meadow/trees, with mixed access down to river. You can Google Earth it, but you really need to walk it.

Hi Terry, thanks for your reply.
What distance to the river from the car park to first swim roughly?
Sounds ideal for me, I am disabled so distance is an important factor, (hate making my buddy shift my gear)
Is the car park on the bend of the river, where it might be deeper? I agree you have too actually go before you know.

Jim.

River is about 15m from car park. Car park is not on a bend. Your problem might be getting down to the river from path. It's all deep, there's no shallows.

Hallow.jpg

What about a bivvy? If you're asking can you put one up for night fishing ...maybe in one or two swims, but maybe not close to car park. And you'd have to get a night permit from BAA in advance.

Will get a permit Terry, I am just trying not to have too travel so far for Barbel fishing. At the moment the Trent is my best and it is at least 4 hours drive from Axminster.

Hi ,
If you drive to the next stretch at Grimley ( next to the Camp Hotel) there is parking next to the river and the swims to the first hundred yards have been made with access for disabled anglers. There are half a dozen steps to properly constructed fishing platforms. Hopefully they have not been vandalised since my last visit.😤
Tight Lines,
G.T.

Hi ,
If you drive to the next stretch at Grimley ( next to the Camp Hotel) there is parking next to the river and the swims to the first hundred yards have been made with access for disabled anglers. There are half a dozen steps to properly constructed fishing platforms. Hopefully they have not been vandalised since my last visit.😤
Tight Lines,
G.T.
Or washed away by winter's flood. Good fish there, but I've not been to Grimley for a few years ... in my experience they were right to call it Grimley 😂

There's Blackstone, and Ladyham ...if you want riverside parking. Night fishing allowed on latter stretch too.

Back