• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A Barbel angler is born !

Ian Grant

Senior Member & Supporter
My 13 year old grandson Aaron had his first Barbel last night, after having done a fair bit of stillwater float fishing, and river fishing for silvers etc, i thought it was time ! so after a few hours of instruction making hook lengths, tackling up, the theory of playing a Barbel etc, it all paid off on his second session he had his prize 14lbs exactly, tied his hooklength, baited it, cast it, hooked and played the fish, he didn't need any help from me apart from netting 😊 Think the photographer needs some practice !!! :(

Aaron Grant 14lbs 0oz

P1012752.JPG
P1012755.JPG

Well done young man, brilliant, fantastic and uplifting. As a barbel angler of over 60 years I can only tell you unfortunately they won't all be that big, though I expect Grandad has already told you that. Keep at it Aaron.

Yeah it has Simon, but as John Winterbottom just said i’ve told him not to expect that every time ! 😁

Back