• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ā€˜Registerā€™ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

All excited about the 16th?

A stretch of the Trent this afternoon, I'd say they're all pretty excitedšŸ˜²
20200615_183335.jpg

I wonder what state the banks will be in when that lot move on, its a bet that there will be maybe a smidgeon of litter, maybe the odd corn tin, hali pellet bag, etc etc to give a person a clue that there has been the odd angler present, anybody that has seen the state of the top stretch of the Trent at Collingham below the weir a few days after the 16th June on almost any year will know what I mean .

As said earlier, I will leave the first trip of the season until the daftness has died down somewhat. I will bet the noise of badly set alarms beep beeping all night would drive a sane man crazy .

David .

I wonder what state the banks will be in when that lot move on, its a bet that there will be maybe a smidgeon of litter, maybe the odd corn tin, hali pellet bag, etc etc to give a person a clue that there has been the odd angler present, anybody that has seen the state of the top stretch of the Trent at Collingham below the wier a few days after the 16th June on almost any year will know what I mean .

As said earlier, I will leave the first trip of the season until the daftness has died down somewhat. I will bet the noise of badly set alarms beep beeping all night would drive a sane man crazy .

David .

I understand where your coming from David, i too will resist. Instead, i will be watching the tide times at New Brighton. Good luck on whatever you decide my friend. šŸ‘

I understand where your coming from David, i too will resist. Instead, i will be watching the tide times at New Brighton. Good luck on whatever you decide my friend. šŸ‘

Hi Derek, I am hoping to get acrosd to Perch sometime soon, dont know when yet, but will let you know beforehand .
David

Looks like thunderstorms tomorrow evening. Thinking about going up for first light and fishing the morning now. Might go back up on the evening if the weather changes

Iā€™m all set up on the Ouse, not one other person down here. Lovely. Seen some nice chub floating about. Where I saw barbel the other day had been invaded by kids swimming and smoking weed, so dropped in a little downstream where is quieter and a little deeper

On the Wharfe at Tadcaster at 11.30, 1 rod in at 12.10, second at 1, 3 foot twitch on the 2nd rod at 1.30, 6 1/2 lb Barbel, my first fish in 30 years, also got a 3lb chub and couple of pound stinky pan lid (that I didnt know I had on, and just reeled in!) Now remote lecturing, hoping to go out later. The banks were rammed.

I got up the Severn at 4am and there was 3 cars there already. Had a couple of eel bites first 20 mins then nothing after. Only stayed til 8 and when I left there was about 5 pegs free. Was thinking about going back this evening but wonā€™t bother now

Jon.
River was totally dead on Lower.

7 anglers no barbel.

Roach were showing on surface only.

To my knowledge 16 anglers fishing 3 different beats on Wye only one barbel.

I believe they are spawning again.
Reports from higher up Country seem fish feeding very well.

Maybe they will spawn again later or have finished due temps

Back