• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

DNA Secret 7 Boilies

I have used the S7 boile paste with success for Yorks barbel if the chub didn't snaffle it first - straight on the hook -moulds well. Lasts for ages in the freezer.

Already been mentioned a few times but SLK from DNA is brilliant - have been using for a number of seasons and produced very well for me on the Kennet, Loddon and Wey.

Although I now have my own bait company and use those baits exclusively in the past I've used Nutrabaits Trigga, BFW B8, and DT Baits Pukka Fish & Oily Chicken. PF & OC was awesome!

As long as it’s a decent bait I don’t think it matters too much what you use, what matters is feeding it regularly. If you can get it going in twice a week the fish will respond well. Not large amounts either, a dozen boilies broken up and put in a swim will keep em interested.
I’ve tried it with a few baits and results were pretty much the same.
the one thing I will say about s7 is that it worked instantly on 4 different rivers!

There are baits and then there are baits. Obviously there is no magic bait otherwise we would all be using it! The fact is that certain baits do and always will continue to out perform others for various reasons but the actual quality of the base mix is the critical factor imo.

Hi men

With boilies I'm sure their effectiveness is improved with liquids , you use the flow and movement of the water to you're advantage . I always pre soak my baits now . I like to blitz up some to chuck over glugged baits , the Korda or ridge monkey slicers to half some of them . Two liquids , say a soluble bulk attractor , I used CCMoores hot chorizo liquid over Baitworks Atlantic heat , then an amount of their hot oil . I dust all the baits in one of the many attractor powders , like CStim , or Green lipped muscle , then paste wrapped hookbaits . What ever you use as there are many good baits out there strait out the bag baits can always be pimped .

Hatter

Hi all
Thanks for all the replays, and sorry for the delay in replying, but just recovering from covid19!
What is the consistency of DNA Secret 7 and Baitworks Atlantic heat - soft firm etc.
I've used Glen (three rivers rolling) for a number of years- Blitz is a fantastic bait, instant, long term, mitply rivers and some very big Barbie so I may go back to that or ASAP
Regards
Wayne

Hi all
Thanks for all the replays, and sorry for the delay in replying, but just recovering from covid19!
What is the consistency of DNA Secret 7 and Baitworks Atlantic heat - soft firm etc.
I've used Glen (three rivers rolling) for a number of years- Blitz is a fantastic bait, instant, long term, mitply rivers and some very big Barbie so I may go back to that or ASAP
Regards
Wayne
You saying "Blitz" @Wayne Robinson reminded me that I'd seen a couple of plastic bottles pushed to the back of my fishing fridge, and the word "Blitz" seemed to ring a bell. Just checked and found bottles of Hinders Blitz and Hinders Cheesy Tuna, that I must have bought (but hardly ever used) back in about 2005! Can't see the word "Barbel" (as in "Barbel Blitz") on the scant remains of the label, but I presume it's the same stuff! Hmmmm, will have to check a drop on PVA.

Until very recently I was of the opinion that any good quality bait would catch, however this last season I changed to a new boilie and my catch rate improved significantly. There might well be other factors involved so will see if this coming season is as productive.

I digress - sorry, not tried DNA.

Until very recently I was of the opinion that any good quality bait would catch, however this last season I changed to a new boilie and my catch rate improved significantly. There might well be other factors involved so will see if this coming season is as productive.

Come on Rich, tell us all.... or at least text me ;-)

and I am stuck between madbaits "atlantic heat " and dna baits "slk" fancy a change this year cant make up mu mind which to go for only baitworks I can buy 1kg which lasts a season nearly

Last edited:
They're all good baits... I would try and worry less about it. Baitworks pride themselves on a better quality product, as they cut out the middle man and only sell direct to the public. So start with them and go from there. A little pre-baiting would be sensible i'd think, where allowed and all that...

luncheon meat dipped in bait works c-stim liquid then covered with c-stim powder Put in the freezer overnight used it last winter on the Lea it was very productive... never had bites like it absolutely ripping the rod from the rest .... but through the summer pandemic ...might pair it up with the c-stim
And see what happens

You tease!!!

ASAP.. never used it, but i've seen first hand the results , i'm not talking one Barbel here.... Excellent bait certainly one of the best out there !

I used Baitworks for a few years (for carp) and therefore whenever i fished for barbel (given i had 50kg in the freezer). Worked very well, though it was on a fairly productive and unpressured stretch of the Kennet.

I think these days it is harder to find a bait from a reputable bait company that wont catch fish personally.

These days i use Aqua Bait Company, of which the quality is excellent. Thats what i now use for carp, so will also be used for barbel.

Back